Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

Which jacket looks the best
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Customization & Modding Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pirate
Helmsman

109543 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 8:45 pm    Post subject: Which jacket looks the best Reply with quote

fleetp
Boatswain

35857 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I prefer Screenshot 2017-05-20 16.20.34.png
Rusty Edge
Rigger

2992 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess it's not helpful, but I think the color really pops on that black background. So I prefer the first.

The second is much more piratical looking. Perhaps some color, such as the plume, and some brass for the sword hilts?
Wolfwood
Boatswain

33917 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I prefer the second one. The first one looks too much like a modern biker jacket with the flames etc.
It is much better to be armed with a sword that has two edges than with an estoc [...], which is nothing more than a stick with a point. (Rapier Master G. Morsicato Pallavicini, La Scherma Illustrata, p. 14.)
ExtraCrispy
Boatswain

39052 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wolfwood wrote:
. The first one looks too much like a modern biker jacket with the flames etc.

Needs more Judas Priest:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpCfWn5TQkI

Razz Razz
Pirate
Helmsman

109543 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to all that have replied so far. I guess that's what makes modding for a pirate game so hard. Either you go the proper route and keep it as though your really back in the 1600's or you put a modern twist like naked women or bikini girls. Maybe MC colors or Heavy metal art on the jackets. I am working on a Caribbean project after moving on from the East Indies and trying to get a feel of what others might want the game to be like. Modern twist mixed with old school or strictly old school? I have ideas like turning the trade items Sugar, Luxuries, goods, etc into illegal drugs. There is no end to what could be done but as I said before I'm just getting a feel of what is wanted in the game. By the way I like both jackets. I think the second one is better suited for old school pirate game. It looks good and the second one I like too. It's a skeleton ripping out of the uniform from what looks like Hell fire inside. Certainly not going to see that on a dude back in the 1600's but it sure looks good.
Pirate
Helmsman

109543 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a couple of screens I came up with but I WARN YOU THEY CONTAIN NUDES SO DON'T CLICK IF THAT ISN'T SOMETHING YOU WANT TO SEE.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/x8ilg8qhxzn8euh/Screenshot%202017-05-21%2016.58.31.png?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bqmwl9sicvdpcol/Screenshot%202017-05-21%2016.59.10.png?dl=0
Rusty Edge
Rigger

2992 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess I have to admit that I pretty much like it all. Any little twist keeps the game fresh.
fleetp
Boatswain

35857 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pirate wrote:
Here is a couple of screens I came up with but I WARN YOU THEY CONTAIN NUDES SO DON'T CLICK IF THAT ISN'T SOMETHING YOU WANT TO SEE.

Henry Morgan has a nice harem.

Regarding "I have ideas like turning the trade items Sugar, Luxuries, goods, etc into illegal drugs." I suggest tobacco, rum, and either cacao or coffee.
Pirate
Helmsman

109543 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I believe I've used tobacco and rum in the East Indies and may use those again. I thought of everything including drugs knock off Rolex watches or just about everything a bad boy might be involved in. Seems down the middle and not getting to wild may be the way to go.
Rusty Edge
Rigger

2992 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pirate wrote:
Well I believe I've used tobacco and rum in the East Indies and may use those again. I thought of everything including drugs knock off Rolex watches or just about everything a bad boy might be involved in. Seems down the middle and not getting to wild may be the way to go.

Probably so. I wouldn't want o play Grand Theft Sailboat.

The distraction of nudes in the ballrooms does increase the difficulty. I appreciate that. Your various jackets are works of art in and of themselves.

Have you made many sails?
Pirate
Helmsman

109543 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Fleet and Rusty. I don't expect people to agree with all my craziness so your feedback is certainly most welcome. After all if I expect people to want to play it then I need to get a feel of what's cool or not. I was simply thinking it would be funny to hear the bartender say the best play to sell the pecription pain pills your hauling is right here in Hell but that would indeed take away the realistic time era of the game for sure. Sure I've made tons of sails but most of them died on my last computer but certainly will be making more. What's cool for sails? Advertising logos like Burger King, coat of arms, naked women or what? My favorite one I made before was the she devil. It really stood out.
Pirate
Helmsman

109543 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I was to replace both the male and female ballroom dancers with naked women would that be going overboard or did I hit this one dead on. It would make dancing harder for a while anyway.
fleetp
Boatswain

35857 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a nude of a certain plus sized model as a sail emblem (removed it when kids wanted to play Pirates on my computer), now I can't find the mod.
Sad

Replacing the male and female ballroom danced with naked women sounds good to me. If you decide to make such a mod available, please include "not safe for work" in any announcement post. Smile
Very respectfully,
fleet
Pirate
Helmsman

109543 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fleetp wrote:
I had a nude of a certain plus sized model as a sail emblem (removed it when kids wanted to play Pirates on my computer), now I can't find the mod.
Sad

Replacing the male and female ballroom danced with naked women sounds good to me. If you decide to make such a mod available, please include "not safe for work" in any announcement post. Smile
Very respectfully,
fleet

Did you make the mod yourself or did you get it from someone. If you know the image source it shouldn't be hard to remake. I'm leaning keeping my Carribean mod more period correct without alot of modern stuff since I'm getting a feel that's probably not going to work for must folks. One exception I think is the women. I think when it comes to them people don't mind going more modren. Keep the game with a Pirate feel to it with lots of women could be the way to go. I certainly plan on making those dancers. That and the ballroom pics will increase the difficulty..
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Customization & Modding All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: