Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

missing files
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Customization & Modding Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pirate
Helmsman

109543 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What you do is take those three nif files you mentioned and change the E to a F. That gives the French the exact same ballroom as the English portraits and all. If you want the French to have diffrent portraits on the wall and not the same as the English then you could name them f_br_portraits.dds etc but you will have to rename it inside the nif too or otherwise it will keep using the English textures. Really the only textures you need to rename is just the pictures. I would leave the e_br wall as it is and focus on the portraits renaming them. If you have any trouvble give me a holler I can fix you up with the ballroom but it might be Tuesday or so untill I can get around to doing it.
oldsalt
Swabbie

864 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would appreciate a hand whenever you can. I have no idea how to rename it in the NIF file...

my French wall is done (f_br_wall.dds)

I renamed the Dutch portraits to f_br_portraits.dds

thanks
Pirate
Helmsman

109543 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alrighty I get to it soon. Basically you will need something to open the nif with like a hex editor or nifscope in order to rename anything inside it. Now if you use the English ballroom nif for the French by renaming the E with a F then the French Ballroom will be the same as the English textures and all. You will have to use the English portraits and not the Dutch to use in the ballroom. In other words you can't take the Dutch paintings off the wall and hang them up in another ballroom but you could use the Dutch ballroom for the French and then the Dutch paintings will work. I will get to it in a couple of days then the only thing you will need to do is something you already can do that is to make the portriats to suit your taste.
oldsalt
Swabbie

864 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes I would like to use the Dutch ballroom and paintings for the Frenchies.
I don't have a lot of programs on this PC. it's my bro-in-laws. won't be able to get mine out of storage for a few months...
Pirate
Helmsman

109543 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alrighty I get to work on it asap
Pirate
Helmsman

109543 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:28 am    Post subject: New French Ballroom Reply with quote

Well the new French ballroom is here. It's the same as the Dutch except the paintings are different and will only show up in the French cities and the Dutch have their own paintings that won't show up in the French cities.

Here be a couple of screens

https://www.dropbox.com/s/c89hij7uzyvnfm3/Screenshot%202017-08-16%2002.45.30.png?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/v701eparcehxo3q/Screenshot%202017-08-16%2003.10.22.png?dl=0

Here be the ballroom and study if you want it.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/t3pdyc541ef741f/AACj1kmBy6PVy8dxMmEEG6qra?dl=0
oldsalt
Swabbie

864 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

awesome job Pirate. thank you very much.

question: is there anyway to keep the French wallpaper in their ballroom?
the Dutch and French have the same wallpaper now...
Roland
Helmsman

22526 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jean Lafitte must be very popular - his portrait appears in both rooms!
Pirate
Helmsman

109543 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The study and the ballroom use the same portraits so that is why Jean Lafitte is in both of them. Well it is of my opinion that if your going to replace that wallpaper from the Dutch green to the French blue then you are going to need to replace just about everything else too. I mean that blue wallpaper design would stick out with those green seat cushions, curtains. etc. Most of those if not all of those ballroom textures also have another .dds texture that is hidden behind them that may conflict with the main textures if you modify them meaning you probably will have to modify just about everything including of course the .nif so it wouldn't interfere with the Dutch ballroom. I would like to go into more depth in modifying the ballrooms but for now I just kept it simple as doing a better job would be a trial and error thing that would take longer to complete. I'll keep you posted if I make any changes to it. Taverns too can be swapped out the same as the ballrooms if a person wants a different tavern. The French don't have that portrait behind the stranger either but all the other taverns do except the pirate tavern which doesn't have a finished upstairs anyway.
Pirate
Helmsman

109543 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I might look into adding as much of the French Ballroom to the Dutch ballroom as I can. It will be a little time consuming but I can work on it during my spare time. If I can get this one right then I think Ill redo the English too since I like the portrait layout better.
Pirate
Helmsman

109543 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your wallpaper is ready oldsalt
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Customization & Modding All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: