Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

Pirates of the East Indies
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Customization & Modding Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rusty Edge
Rigger

2992 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pirate wrote:
After looking at the screens again it's really noticeabla that she has double swords or somthing like that. It was a good attempt anyway.

Actually, I find the idea of double swords and fencing with a pistol in her hand sort of bad axx in a Blackbeard sort of way If the Captain of the guard is among the most dangerous fencers, it's fitting that they look the part.. Now I have to keep an eye on both of her hands, or she might club me in the head with her pistol...but I tend to get distracted.

So, if you want to work on it some more, I suggest you focus on the figure.
Pirate
Helmsman

109543 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I stated earlier the nif I used for the Dutch Captain of the guard was from the sea vixen mod. As of now it's the only female nif usable for fighting. With that being said she is going to require at least some clothing like the sleeves and pants as the nif as it currently stands isn't modifiable as some of the other female nifs used in the game. I thought she looked about the best I could make her look buy using the stripe shirt sleeves from Blaggers mod as well as the Jean pants with a belt. Other than that she was basically the Topless Dutch 1 BD which I added better nipples and a pierced naval. She didn't look to bad to me. The nif behaved well with the animations and all. The sword and pistol has me stumped. Since I prefer playing as a male looking for women I have little experience with the sea vixen mod. What I do know is it was intended to replace the player character with a woman. Was there any known bugs with her used in that mod? Did she always keep her pistol out? If not I expect it's got something to do with the nif and animation files of the Dutch Captain of the guard not working for a nif intended as the player's nif. If I could iron that one out she could also be a ship captain as well except I think the top ten would pose a problem because the pirate captains in the taverns use a knife which she doesnt have.
Captain Teague
Rigger

12207 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pirate wrote:
As I stated earlier the nif I used for the Dutch Captain of the guard was from the sea vixen mod. As of now it's the only female nif usable for fighting. With that being said she is going to require at least some clothing like the sleeves and pants as the nif as it currently stands isn't modifiable as some of the other female nifs used in the game. I thought she looked about the best I could make her look buy using the stripe shirt sleeves from Blaggers mod as well as the Jean pants with a belt. Other than that she was basically the Topless Dutch 1 BD which I added better nipples and a pierced naval. She didn't look to bad to me. The nif behaved well with the animations and all. The sword and pistol has me stumped. Since I prefer playing as a male looking for women I have little experience with the sea vixen mod. What I do know is it was intended to replace the player character with a woman. Was there any known bugs with her used in that mod? Did she always keep her pistol out? If not I expect it's got something to do with the nif and animation files of the Dutch Captain of the guard not working for a nif intended as the player's nif. If I could iron that one out she could also be a ship captain as well except I think the top ten would pose a problem because the pirate captains in the taverns use a knife which she doesnt have.

My sister used to play with the mod; there were no issues with the sword and pistol(s). Nothing was permanently out. She always avoided romance though; due to modding limitations. That is why I am so interested in swapping the romance characters as well.
Pirate
Helmsman

109543 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Captain Teague I do believe it is possible to swap out the daughters with men so a girl pirate could enjoy the game. The nif used for that though would need to be weapon or object free. For example if you used the butler nif then he would still be carrying that serving tray and those grapes could fall off while he's dancing causing a slippery fall. There are a couple of nifs I can think of that might could be used but I don't think any girl would want him for his looks. The player's nif where he is dressed in a uniform would probably be the best bet. Girls like uniforms and the dude looks better than most men in the game do. Another thing is the animations are better suited for a female nif. No matter how male he looks he is still going to have some feminine actions that might turn off a girl. I want to point out the text would need to be changed, daughter icons etc. I'm not sure about this lost daughter thing either. Most girls like a strong, smart, handsome man who can take care of himself and protect her. If she has to rescue her sissy boyfriend then that might be a turnoff too.
Captain Teague
Rigger

12207 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pirate wrote:
Well Captain Teague I do believe it is possible to swap out the daughters with men so a girl pirate could enjoy the game. The nif used for that though would need to be weapon or object free. For example if you used the butler nif then he would still be carrying that serving tray and those grapes could fall off while he's dancing causing a slippery fall. There are a couple of nifs I can think of that might could be used but I don't think any girl would want him for his looks. The player's nif where he is dressed in a uniform would probably be the best bet. Girls like uniforms and the dude looks better than most men in the game do. Another thing is the animations are better suited for a female nif. No matter how male he looks he is still going to have some feminine actions that might turn off a girl. I want to point out the text would need to be changed, daughter icons etc. I'm not sure about this lost daughter thing either. Most girls like a strong, smart, handsome man who can take care of himself and protect her. If she has to rescue her sissy boyfriend then that might be a turnoff too.

I dunno. My sister was always a tomboy and is now in the army. She might just go for rescuing a hot guy...
Wink

Thanks anyway, I suppose it really would be a chore. I did not think of all the little things that would have to change as well....
Pirate
Helmsman

109543 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes it would be a lot of work. I'm no stranger to work though but modding for women may be a lot of work for nothing. I mean I wouldn't want to play the game that way since I'm not a woman. The game is getting old even modding for guys draws little attention now. Now if somebody really knows a girl who wants to play the game and really is wanting to mod this then I will be more then happy to try to help her. I just don't want to mod anything outside my interest if it's nobody else s interest either. I mean I would really hate to mod something like that then nobody plays it but if they did I would be happy I did it for them.
Captain Teague
Rigger

12207 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know I would play it. I played with the old vixen mod on a few times; I play some games as the optional female character.

I would use it, though I cannot speak for my sister. Perhaps others will come on here and want it in the future. Perhaps the thrill of the challenge will be reward enough. Only you can decide that, mate.

I will accept it either way.
Pirate
Helmsman

109543 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I guess in that case I'll check into it. It does sound like a creative project which is rewarding in itself. Another thing is since I have been more or less being a boy and thinking about women in the wrong kind of ways then maybe I owe something good to society women in particular. I'll take a stab at it and keep you informed. Perhaps the girls would rather marry a duke than a beautiful daughter. Some might settle for a Marquies or a baron.
Pirate
Helmsman

109543 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I'll step back and do what I used to do at least for now. I just don't really have it in me to turn those daughters into men. To put it simply it would be a lot of hard work for something I couldn't enjoy doing. I do like to help people and try to be good to people. Sorry if I disappointed anyone. I'll think I'll take a step back and go to what I used to do. Less nudes but plenty of girls. Hope you understand. Thanks for following my modding.

Le Vent de la Mort or better known simply as Pirate
Captain Teague
Rigger

12207 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No worries, mate.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Customization & Modding All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: