Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

best programming language for developing a new trainer?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lurtz
Powder Monkey

1360 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:18 pm    Post subject: best programming language for developing a new trainer? Reply with quote

I want to create a new trainer for SMP that make will real time changes to the player character's info, the ship array, the city arrays, and the quest array, all based on preferences chosen by the player. It will have to run continuously in the background while SMP is running.

I also want it to (eventually) have a GUI front end much like the Phalyzer trainer, so that the player can enter his/her preferences, and also initiate some events in the game by alt-tabbing to the trainer and back again.

Does anyone have opinions about the best language and GUI tool(s) to use for developing such an app?

All input/suggestions are welcome. Thanks in advance for your advice.
fleetp
Boatswain

35977 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You might try contacting Phalyzer. He sometimes shows up at the Sid Meier's Pirates section of the STEAM forums.
lurtz
Powder Monkey

1360 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks fleet. I believe he did Phalyzer in Borland Delphi. Any programmers out there reading this forum?
AdamMil
Cutthroat

4747 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 4:52 am    Post subject: Re: best programming language for developing a new trainer? Reply with quote

lurtz wrote:
I want to create a new trainer for SMP... Does anyone have opinions about the best language and GUI tool(s) to use...?
You should use the language you're most comfortable with, as long as it supports calling C functions from system libraries (i.e. the Windows API) and some kind of GUI.

If you don't know any such programming languages, I'd recommend C#. Not only is it modern and well-supported with a great, free IDE (Visual Studio), but it's a language that is valuable in the job market, unlike Borland Delphi. :-P
Pirate
Helmsman

109759 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome back AdamMil. Glad you dropped by. Pull up a chair and stay awhile. Hopefully Lurtz will find your information helpful.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Customization & Modding All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: