Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

Mod Requests: Pirate and Indian Full Factions mod
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Customization & Modding Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
immortalfrieza
Powder Monkey

956 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:36 am    Post subject: Mod Requests: Pirate and Indian Full Factions mod Reply with quote

I'd like to request a mod that makes the Pirate and Indian factions work much like the European nations. I mean it have ranks, missions, ways to lower and raise reputation with them, some equivalent of Governor's Daughters, the works. I could imagine some sort of Indian dancing with the Indian faction but I'm not sure how dancing would work with the Pirate faction, maybe a bar brawl or something. I mostly just looking for at least a couple of ways for making being an enemy of all the European nations not to massively screw me over.
Pirate
Helmsman

109759 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll try working on that one after I turn the governors daughter into real life. I have part of her out but she is hanging onto something behind that screen. Smile
Roland
Helmsman

22541 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the game already tracks favor with the Pirates, Indians, and Jesuits, but its impact is limited. With pirates, in particular, the log shows that you gain pirate favor every time you capture a warship.

A few years ago someone was working on a mod that turns one of the four nations into pirates. I can't remember whether it was completed.
Pirate
Helmsman

109759 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think with the Indians and Jesuits it's more item based meaning you can get special favors from them depending on having a certain item. Roland the mod I think your talking about is here.

https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/mod-brethren-of-the-coast-mod.324101/

It replaces the Dutch nation into a pirate nation. It had flaws though since the .exe wasn't modified then some dutch text could still be seen. I actually redid that mod correcting the text in the executable and all.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/sl3ddlj5c6d5lzt/Screenshot%202015-01-24%2006.23.13.png?dl=0
Salty Dog
Sailing Master

191991 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is what the Strategy Guide says about Indian Settlements and Jesuit Missions:

GOLDEN CROSS / SACRED RELIC
The purpose of the Golden Cross and the Sacred Relic was to be to improve your
standing with the Jesuit Missionaries, making them more likely to offer you
missions or offer to speak on your behalf to a nation that has a price on your
head. However, Jesuit relations were never implemented in the game; you are
always on good terms with them. As such, these items do nothing and you needn't
waste your money on them.

SHRUNKEN HEAD / CARVED SHAMAN STAFF
Similar to the Golden Cross and the Sacred Relic, these items are meant to
improve your standing with native Indians and make it easier to convince them
to attack a port on your behalf. However, the same situation arises here;
Indians are always friendly to you no matter what, making the items useless.

Basically, once you see a particular Jesuit Mission, it say "Friendly Jesuit Mission" as it's label and they will tell you where Raymondo is or launch an immigrant boat or special boat with valuable plants or an amnesty offer. Once you visit the Mission, then it will not offer anything. If you have the special articles, they become friendly again sooner and I would assume that if you are in good graces with them then that speeds up the "reset" button as well.

With the Indians, all they can offer to do is to attack a nearby city of your choice for you. Once you have visited a village, then they will not do business with you again for a while. The special articles speed up the "reset" process and perhaps good will with do the same.
Pirate
Helmsman

109759 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guardacostas
Gunner

10041 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pirate wrote:
I think with the Indians and Jesuits it's more item based meaning you can get special favors from them depending on having a certain item. Roland the mod I think your talking about is here.

https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/mod-brethren-of-the-coast-mod.324101/

It replaces the Dutch nation into a pirate nation. It had flaws though since the .exe wasn't modified then some dutch text could still be seen. I actually redid that mod correcting the text in the executable and all.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/sl3ddlj5c6d5lzt/Screenshot%202015-01-24%2006.23.13.png?dl=0

Thank you! Smile I did notice all the pertaining dutch references to be a bit annoying as well. Do you think you can add 10,000 gold to each merchant as well? Like the east indies mod has? It's a bit frustrating when you have so many valuable tons of goods, and then need to knock up 5 different towns just to sell it off!!

And where can I download this? You're link just brings me to a single picture.
Pirate
Helmsman

109759 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the past I redid the pirate nation mod but I don't currently have it anymore. It died when my last computer died. I did manage to save some things but that wasn't one of them. If its the executable you need modified so that the Dutch are replaced with pirate text then that shouldn't take long to remake. Let me know if you want it done or not so I don't kill the time doing it for nothing. If you want rich merchants who can buy everything you have to sell then you need the PHTrainer which gives you that option along with many other cheats.
Guardacostas
Gunner

10041 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's ok, don't waste your time at all. I think I want to give it a go with a mod, and than when I fire up that same old game I turn it off one minute later.

What I am is disappointed in Port Royale 3. And I can't seem to get Port Royale 2 to run with windows 10.

Has anyone had any success with Port Royale 2 on windows 10?
fleetp
Boatswain

35986 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the pirate nation mod called brethern of the coast? If it is, I have a copy of it and can upload and link it (if pirate is okay with me doing so).
Pirate
Helmsman

109759 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Brethren of the coast is not my mod but I was saying that I did remake it for myself since there simply was just to many flaws in it to suit my taste even though it was a great attempt by the creators to bring something new to the game. Some of the flaws were the Dutch text still being in the executable and the uniforms were done incorrectly leaving medal marks on the uniforms. Those two things are easily corrected. I don't mind helping I offered to fix the executable but just wanted to make sure that this is what you really wanted before doing so. I already gave the link to the mod in my response to Roland in this thread. Last time I checked it was still available there.
fleetp
Boatswain

35986 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pirate wrote:
The Brethren of the coast is not my mod but I was saying that I did remake it for myself since there simply was just to many flaws in it to suit my taste even though it was a great attempt by the creators to bring something new to the game. Some of the flaws were the Dutch text still being in the executable and the uniforms were done incorrectly leaving medal marks on the uniforms. Those two things are easily corrected. I don't mind helping I offered to fix the executable but just wanted to make sure that this is what you really wanted before doing so. I already gave the link to the mod in my response to Roland in this thread. Last time I checked it was still available there.

Okay, thanks for the clarification. Wink
Pirate
Helmsman

109759 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fleetp
Boatswain

35986 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pirate wrote:
Here is some more clarification. This time on whats Hot!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jbrdlucrirjwxcz/Screenshot%202017-10-06%2004.13.40.png?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/db060u7v46a3b23/Screenshot%202017-10-06%2004.14.17.png?dl=0

I have great admiration for anyone who modifies the NIF files.
parksbanyon
Gunner

13127 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pirate wrote:
Here try this mod ! Smile

https://www.dropbox.com/s/d0tq25g9qly7slu/Screenshot%202017-08-04%2023.53.29.png?dl=0

I have! Why do you think I had a heart attack at 50!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Customization & Modding All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 1 of 10

Jump to: