Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

Mod Requests: Pirate and Indian Full Factions mod
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Customization & Modding Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pirate
Helmsman

109543 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

parksbanyon wrote:
Pirate wrote:
Here try this mod ! Smile

https://www.dropbox.com/s/d0tq25g9qly7slu/Screenshot%202017-08-04%2023.53.29.png?dl=0

I have! Why do you think I had a heart attack at 50!

Thanks for dropping by Parksbanyon. I think it's normal as we get older to be susceptible to these kind of things like heart attacks, strokes etc. Lifestyle could play a part also but no matter what sooner or later the Grim Reaper is going to get all of us so since there is no pill that can keep the buggy man away forever then we might as well have a blast while it last. At least you chose Thailand over let's say Cambodia. Medical care in Thailand is much better then that place where they are constantly dragging guys out of rooms who were trying to have fun with a girl. Thailand is not a bad place to be as long as you don't get to attached to any girl unless your a billionaire or have a crow to pick with some Thai national then Thailand is better than some of the other places guys get drawn to.
Guardacostas
Gunner

9937 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would someone want to correct the Dutch texts to brethren? And perhaps throw in the Barbados island shift fix. You can upload the final product to the MODS forum.

And do you need a drop box account to download a drop box upload? I was trying to download the old version of the east indies mod Pirate uploaded but to no such luck.
fleetp
Boatswain

35863 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guardacostas wrote:
Would someone want to correct the Dutch texts to brethren? And perhaps throw in the Barbados island shift fix. You can upload the final product to the MODS forum.

And do you need a drop box account to download a drop box upload? I was trying to download the old version of the east indies mod Pirate uploaded but to no such luck.

I used my google account to log into dropbox a few minutes ago (this must be something new, I don't recall having to log in before today). I got a message that the folder for the East India mod doesn't exist.

The link to the Barbados Island shift at dropbox still works and when I checked does NOT require log-in. Barbados_island_shift.zip
Link ->https://www.dropbox.com/s/uvfhcpyy17vjpfr/Barbados_island_shift.zip?dl=0

I checked my hard drive and I have a 2015 version of the East India mod.
If it's okay with Pirate, I can upload the 2015 East India mod to google drive and make it available to our members.

I looked, and I still have McSmarties' 'Brethren of the Coast" mod on my hard drive, is that the one you mean? If so the useage rights permits sharing.
Guardacostas
Gunner

9937 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you! I already have the Barbados island fix saved on my computer, I just meant perhaps include it in the finished upload of the brethren mod.

I have the brethren of the coast mod too, if I remember though there are still a number of texts that still say 'Dutch' (a little annoying)
fleetp
Boatswain

35863 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guardacostas wrote:
Thank you! I already have the Barbados island fix saved on my computer, I just meant perhaps include it in the finished upload of the brethren mod.

I have the brethren of the coast mod too, if I remember though there are still a number of texts that still say 'Dutch' (a little annoying)

I looked at the mod's readme.txt file and noticed it included this:

"KNOWN FLAWS
- Some screens still have the name of the civilzation appear as 'Dutch'."

I found this information in the American Mod readme file.
5} Alteration Instructions
The following steps outline how to adapt the Dutch replacement features of this modification to any other nation of your choosing.
To switch the Dutch flag replacements to any other nation, simply replace the characters "dut" in the flag filenames with the appropriot national abreviation for the files that follow the format "flag_dut[0-3].dds", including the file "flag_dut.dds".
National Abrevations
Dutch "dut"
English "eng"
French "fre"
Pirate "pir"
Spanish "spa"
Additionaly, replace the characters "dutch" in the file "flag_dutch.dds" with "english", "french", "pirate", or "spanish" depending on what nation you would like to replace. Note that this file is the map icon.
To alter the nation for which the text modifications apply to, or to modify your existing "text.ini" file, you must replace three variable strings per nation. To accomplish this, locate your "text.ini" file (typicaly in the Assests subdirectory of your Pirates! installation directory) and open it with any plain-text editor. Notepad.exe is addequate.
Scroll down the document untill you see this line: "[NATIONALITY]" Under this line is a bunch of lines that follow the format "value=xxx". These X's represent the string value of the variables used while you play Pirates! Simply locate the nationality that you wish to override, and replace the existing text with your own. Repeat this method on the following two sections, labeled "[ANATIONALITY]" and "[NATION]".
Pirate
Helmsman

109543 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry guys I am away from my mod station and didn’t realize the Dropbox link was broken. I still have it in Dropbox. Fleet you may reupload it if you want as it might be a couple of days before I can do anything. Now for the Brethen of the Coast mod in order to fix that you will need to modify the executable in order to eliminate all of the Dutch text. If you want I could do it but I’m not going to make it available to everybody since it isn’t my mod anyway.
fleetp
Boatswain

35863 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I uploaded Pirate's older version of the East India mod to google drive, and added the link to the post in the 'reserved for mods' section.
Guardacostas
Gunner

9937 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys. I guess the corrected texts for the brethren of the coast mod is all I want. From there I can play it and add suggestions.

And the East indies mod downloaded just fine. thanks fleet
Pirate
Helmsman

109543 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In order to correct the text you would need a hex editor such as H*D and open the excutable or game launching app and search for Dutch. Everything Dutch should be changed except for the Dutch rudder. Leave that one alone. What you rename the Dutch to depends on how much space your givin so it’s extremely easy to corrupt the excutable to the point it doesn’t work at all or causes the game to crash. The easiest way to practice is either keep a back up of the original excutable or spit out a new one useing Adammils challenge pack. I can’t remember now what I used to replace the text with but it seems like I used pirate a lot and I believe I used Pirate Captain for the governor. Dutchmen I might have used buccaneers and the daughter I believe was a hooker but that’s just what I used. The greedy Dutch I believe I called them The horny Pirate but you could say silly, dirty or whatever you want.
fleetp
Boatswain

35863 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure on this, but when I did hex editing on another project, I think I remember having to use the same number of characters when substituting.
Based on that, some possible substitutes for Dutch could be rover, thief, or crook.
Pirate
Helmsman

109543 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well let’s just say you can’t really add spaces if there is no room to do so but sometimes you have enough room to go with more letters. Here is an example useing the mod I’m currently working on. I replaced The slimy French with The fat Portuguese. I’ve already tested it and it shows up just perfect. The reason I Could do it was there was enough dead space between it and the greedy Dutch to allow me to do that or otherwise I would have been two characters over. Also you wouldn’t want to get right up against something else either so leave a space or two is usually ok. Another one off the top of my head is Caribbean and East Indies doesn’t match up either but yet I have successfully changed all the Caribbean text to the East Indies by being creative. Like changing the sentence to say the same thing but with fewer letters can give you extra space too. For instance if it says Do not pee in the Caribbean Then I could go with Don’t piss in the East Indies. Hope this helps somebody.
Guardacostas
Gunner

9937 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I second copied my pirates install and extracted the east indies mod. Do all the files go in the custom folder?

And what folder does the Barbados island shift go? Meaning for the brethren of the coast mod
Pirate
Helmsman

109543 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always use the Assets folder and make a new folder inside of it to dump all my goodies in except the game launching app that is. The customs folder you need for choosing the flags and sails you are intend on useing yourself in the game. If there is a Assets folder in the download which likely it is if I made it then just copy and paste it over the one in the game folder and all that will do is add a new folder inside with the goodies. If there is a customs folder I would copy in paste that over my customs folder and for the game launcher if it’s named Pirates! Then I would rename it East Indies or something and that way it won’t overwrite your original in case you want to play in the Caribbean again. That goes just inside the main game folder and be sure to use only that to launch the game as it won’t work right useing a Caribbean launcher. The The Brethren of the Coast mod if you want to add the island shift then you can just slap that in the customs or the Assets like make a new folder inside the Assets and Call it Bikini’s of the Coast and drop right smack dab in there. Should work.
Guardacostas
Gunner

9937 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

East Indies mod is an excellent, game changing mod.

I saw a few French references instead of Portuguese and a captured city (Portuguese ----> English) showed up English when you sail near it but remained Portuguese on the map of the east indies.

Game killer though is no settlements. pirates, indians or jesuit missions. I need them as a factor in my game Sad
Pirate
Helmsman

109543 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If memory serves me correct for whatever reason it was it seems I chose the French instead of Portuguese so that is the reason for the French text. The other problem has me confused as I’ve always remember haveing pirates, injuns, and Jesuit missions in the game.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Customization & Modding All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 2 of 10

Jump to: