Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

Pirates of the Asian Sea
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Customization & Modding Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who wants to play this Game?
Me !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
88%
 88%  [ 16 ]
Not me
11%
 11%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 18

Pirate
Helmsman

109759 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rusty Edge
Rigger

2992 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it wouldn't hurt me to learn new names. It will make exploration a little more interesting, and planning a little harder.

It just occurred to me that I can appropriate terminology from Feudal China and call myself Lu Bu.
Pirate
Helmsman

109759 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I could mod a way to keep spammers off this site I would do that first. Looks like the same one as the other day.
Rusty Edge
Rigger

2992 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surely due to lack of traffic, and the antagonized regulars, this site must be a waste of time for spammers.
Pirate
Helmsman

109759 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rusty Edge wrote:
Surely due to lack of traffic, and the antagonized regulars, this site must be a waste of time for spammers.

Yeah you would think so. It didnt take them long though to spit out enough spam that would have taken me all night and into the next day to dish out. They are probably spreading this stuff all over the place like in other game forums as well.
Pirate
Helmsman

109759 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well as you can see the cities can be renamed easily enough so yeah it gives it a little different feel to it. Sure would need to look at the map harder to know where is this place and that. I'm going to take all the passages and other sea writings since I don't think the water should have name text on it. Also if you looked at the map the cities have been reorganized meaning that the nationality ownership has been rearranged a bit. This will also give it a different feel to it. Now we just need some new women to dance with and we'll be back in business. What say ye?
Pirate
Helmsman

109759 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rusty Edge wrote:
I think it wouldn't hurt me to learn new names. It will make exploration a little more interesting, and planning a little harder.

It just occurred to me that I can appropriate terminology from Feudal China and call myself Lu Bu.

Oh so is this you?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/L%c3%bc_Bu
Rusty Edge
Rigger

2992 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pirate wrote:
Rusty Edge wrote:

Oh so is this you?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/L%c3%bc_Bu

That's the guy!

There was a History of the Three Kingdoms mod for Civilization IV I used to enjoy. It had a lot of fun bonuses your generals could acquire as they gained experience.

Lu Bu was an interesting character because he was probably the mightiest individual warrior, but he was also one of the most disloyal. He changed sides/alliances a lot.

That seems to describe most of my games of Pirates!
Pirate
Helmsman

109759 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well that's interesting. I did read up on him. I see how his personality could fit in this game. When I am really into playing the game I switch allegiance often sometimes. It really just depends on what my goals were before I start a game. I was thinking too that it wouldn't be difficult to add some Asian pirates to the top ten. The game already has darker skin textures of many of those guys.
Pirate
Helmsman

109759 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Fem Pirates Reply with quote

parksbanyon wrote:
I like the idea of pole dancers and fem pirates! I was trying to perfect the UbM (s,m,l) so the paint masters to do mods to create fem pirates. I had tested them on a few of the pirate skeletons and they worked fairly well. There was/is a bit of a mesh glitch around the hips (if I remember) that makes paint a bit tricky

I missed this one somehow. Anyway I wouldn't mind trying these out even if they aren't perfect if you care to share them.
Rusty Edge
Rigger

2992 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got a mental image of a pole dancer on the mast during the boarding battle.
Pirate
Helmsman

109759 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rusty Edge wrote:
I just got a mental image of a pole dancer on the mast during the boarding battle.

Well about all I can say there is if that really happnes then use it to your avantage. While everybody is busy watching the show I would swing that cutlass. HMMM perhaps I might try my hand with the sea vixon again. Those crewmen fighting in ship battles sure would look better as Hooters girls wouldnt they?
Rusty Edge
Rigger

2992 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like the ballroom, distraction raises the degree of difficulty.
Pirate
Helmsman

109759 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rusty Edge wrote:
Like the ballroom, distraction raises the degree of difficulty.

That was my thinking too. I had been talking about making fencing harder so this is one tactic that could come in play.
Pirate
Helmsman

109759 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I remember correctly one of the issues I had with the sea vixen was the pistol in hand at all times and double swords but she didn't look so bad while actually fighting. I mean she still had that pistol but that just made her look even meaner.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Customization & Modding All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 3 of 9

Jump to: