Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

Once and for all: ship names and the like
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mvanblom
Powder Monkey

133 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:03 am    Post subject: Once and for all: ship names and the like Reply with quote

Hi there, I returned to this pearly game after over a decade. I have to say I immensely enjoy the challenge pack, so kudos for that.

One thing bothers me though. Waaaay back, there was this great edit of pirate ship names. I am trying to find it now, but the only topic on it (2014 IIRC) has a broken download link. Come on, people, Henry Morgan should sail Satisfaction, not Blackbeard's old stranded tub Wink. And having Calico on a boat called Revenge made me want to poke my eyes out.

Does anyone have a working link to that particular mod? I tried looking at the ship name text files themselves, but there is no logical order I can discern there (except that the ships are ordered alphabetically). My modding skills are nil anyway.[/quote]
Pirate
Helmsman

109543 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If memory serves me correct I gave somebody a template on how to rename those ships and they did it with of course credit to me for showing them how. Was it Captain Teague who released that mod? Can't remember now. Anyway that mod died on my last computer but if it can't be found I certainly know how to make that mod.
mvanblom
Powder Monkey

133 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pirate wrote:
If memory serves me correct I gave somebody a template on how to rename those ships and they did it with of course credit to me for showing them how. Was it Captain Teague who released that mod? Can't remember now. Anyway that mod died on my last computer but if it can't be found I certainly know how to make that mod.

I think I saw something about that when browsing this board, thing is that my mod-fu is really non-existent. I can edit a text file, but there are no references or structures in those files except for alphabetical order... How do I, for example, link the specific ship names to the specific pirate? Not to mention that a full list of vanilla pirates with their ship names doesn't appear to be around (and I am not going to play the game just to hunt those pirates and jot down the names) Wink

But if anyone has that mod lying around, I would be very much obliged Smile
Pirate
Helmsman

109543 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd name Calico's ship The William as if memory serves me correct that was the ship him, Anne Bonny and Mary Read were captured on. It ain't a hard mod to make as all you need is the shipnames_enu. Open that dadburn sucker with notepad and scroll way down in the boonies until you find this

#PIRATE WARSHIPS
Adventure, M
Adventure Galley, M
Adventure Prize, M
Bachelor's Delight, M
Black Joke, M
Blessing, M
Blood Debt, M
Bloody Delight, M
Cassandra, M
Charles, M
Childhood, M
Delight, M
Delivery, M
Desire, M
Fancy, M
Flying Dragon, M
Flying Horse, M
Flying King, M
Fortune, M
Gift, M
Golden Hind, M
Good Fortune, M
Happy Delivery, M
Liberty, M
Little Ranger, M
Loyal Fortune, M
Mary Anne, M
Night Rambler, M
Queen Anne's Revenge, M
Ranger, M
Revenge, M
Rising Sun, M
Rover, M
Royal Fortune, M
Royal James, M
Scowerer, M
Sea King, M
Snap Dragon, M
Speaker, M
Speedy Return, M
Sudden Death, M
Tiger, M
Victory, M

Leave the Pirate Pirate and the Pirate merchant ships alone as it is the warships that is used for the top ten.

Now all you need to do is know what each top tener sails and rename that ship. in other words replace Queen Anne's Revenge with Satisfaction and so on. Have a gooden Ya'll.
mvanblom
Powder Monkey

133 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! Now all I need is a full list, which I so far failed to find. The ones I am familiar with (vanilla):

- Jack Rackham - Charles
- Stede Bonnett - Revenge
- Henry Morgan - Queen Anne's Revenge
- Blackbeard- Adventure Prize
- L'Ollonais - Blood Debt

And the rest I am not yet aware of...

Good to know that it is just a matter of throwing the order around a bit. Enough Dutch ship names that could do with a little love 'Wink
Pirate
Helmsman

109543 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That link Captain Teague put up appears to be broken as I speculate that is the one u tried. I did mange to find me old template so you don't need to go to hell and back looking fur each pirate and his game ship name. Just need to know what ye be wanting 2 name your pirates ship and paste that name over the template of the pirate who's ship your naming. The past all the warships back into the shipnames_enu. I could have done this back in the third grade. Wait a minute I didnt make it that far I don't much believe. Good luck and if don't help then maybe I'll try redoing that mod when time comes open.

#PIRATE WARSHIPS
Adventure, M
I'm Captain Kidds ship, M
I'm Blackbeards ship, M
Bachelor's Delight, M
I'm Jean Lafittes ship, M
Blessing, M
I belong to L'Olonnais, M
I belong to Roc Brasiliano, M
I belong to Bart Roberts, M
I belong to Jack Rackham, M
Childhood, M
Delight, M
Delivery, M
Desire, M
Fancy, M
Flying Dragon, M
Flying Horse, M
Flying King, M
Fortune, M
Gift, M
Golden Hind, M
Good Fortune, M
Happy Delivery, M
Liberty, M
Little Ranger, M
Loyal Fortune, M
Mary Anne, M
Night Rambler, M
I'm Henry Morgans ship, M
Ranger, M
I'm Stede Bonnets ship, M
Rising Sun, M
Rover, M
Royal Fortune, M
Royal James, M
Scowerer, M
Sea King, M
Snap Dragon, M
Speaker, M
Speedy Return, M
Sudden Death, M
Tiger, M
Victory, M
mvanblom
Powder Monkey

133 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You sir are a true swashbuckling hero. Thanks.
Pirate
Helmsman

109543 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your most welcome and good luck.
mvanblom
Powder Monkey

133 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone got any idea what the real (or 'realish', as in from fiction) names of L'Olonnais' and Roche Braziliano's ships were by any chance?
Sir W. Raleigh
Seaman

4225 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mvanblom wrote:
Anyone got any idea what the real (or 'realish', as in from fiction) names of L'Olonnais' and Roche Braziliano's ships were by any chance?

Welcome to Cutlass Isle, mvanblom! Pull up a stump and stay awhile.

I'm sorry I'm unable to come up with an answer for you. Can't seem to find a source with any info on that at all, in fact.
I do recall reading somewhere, however, that L'Ollonais bought a ship from Brasiliano at some point, or maybe it was other way 'round. So if you find one name, maybe you've found both.

Surprised
Pirate
Helmsman

109543 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is what I came up for L'Olonnais. It appears that he once had a ship named Saint-Jean.

http://zeerovery.nl/history/lolonois.htm
Pirate
Helmsman

109543 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So far I haven't came up a ship for Roche yet. Nowadays you can't let a fart in the woods without someone hearing and documenting it but back in those days some things escaped the pen much more frequently then now days. If I stumble across anything I will post it. I think the one Captain Teague made had a few missing ship names so renaming the ships is a simple process but getting accurate info from those days can be called the hard part of making this mod.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Customization & Modding All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: