Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

Using the downloaded mods with the Steam version
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sjtimmer
Powder Monkey

50 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:25 pm    Post subject: Using the downloaded mods with the Steam version Reply with quote

Hello everyone,

Couple of hours ago, I found this site, cause I was looking for some extra content for Sid Meier's Pirates!, and apparently you guys have a shitload of stuff here. I've downloaded some stuff, but I'm not sure if it works, and how to "install" the mods. Anyone who can explain it to me, without using too much programmerlanguage?

Thanks!
fleetp
Boatswain

35863 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 5:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Using the downloaded mods Reply with quote

sjtimmer wrote:
Hello everyone,

Couple of hours ago, I found this site, cause I was looking for some extra content for Sid Meier's Pirates!, and apparently you guys have a shitload of stuff here. I've downloaded some stuff, but I'm not sure if it works, and how to "install" the mods. Anyone who can explain it to me, without using too much programmerlanguage?

Thanks!

Hi. Welcome to Hooked on Pirates. I assume you are using a PC version of Pirates.
Most of the mods are installed by copying them in your Pirates 'custom' folder
Since I don't know where you installed Pirates on your computer, here's the installation path on mine.
C:\program files (x86)\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Pirates!\custom

If you don't have a custom folder you'll need to create one.
sjtimmer
Powder Monkey

50 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have bought the game via Steam, and I don't know where exactly it is installed. I searched, and I found something in My Documents, Appdata->Start Menu-> Programs, Steamapps, and a few copies...
fleetp
Boatswain

35863 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sjtimmer wrote:
I have bought the game via Steam, and I don't know where exactly it is installed. I searched, and I found something in My Documents, Appdata->Start Menu-> Programs, Steamapps, and a few copies...

Place the mods in the following folder
steam/steamapps/common/Sid Meier's Pirates!/custom
sjtimmer
Powder Monkey

50 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got it, thanks!
parksbanyon
Gunner

13127 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 6:02 pm    Post subject: customer satisfaction Reply with quote

Another Satisfied Customer! Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Customization & Modding All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: