Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

Modding Years
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Customization & Modding Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AdamMil
Cutthroat

4747 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:48 pm    Post subject: Re: i'm not really back Reply with quote

Captain Teague wrote:
See the first post mate; you may as well be speaking Swahili.
Alrighty, well I took a look at Jslangdo's save editor and it seems like it does know how to edit the starting year. I know it's not the easiest tool to use, but I think there are several posts about how to use it and it's sure to be easier than using a hex editor.
Pirate
Helmsman

109759 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for stopping in and helping out. Actually I never tried modding the years before so thanks for the info. One more question. What would be the easiest way to get rid of those country flags waving in the town menu screens like for instance you want to change the background screen that really doesnt need a flag waving in it.
AdamMil
Cutthroat

4747 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pirate wrote:
What would be the easiest way to get rid of those country flags waving in the town menu screens...
As far as I know, all of the screen layouts are hardcoded in the executable. But if you just want to remove the flags I imagine you could replace the model with an empty model and/or replace the textures with a translucent texture. That may or may not affect some other part of the game if it uses the same model or texture...
Pirate
Helmsman

109759 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! I did take a look at the nif file before and couldn't see any flag textures being called for. As far as transparent textures go it would effect the game by making the fort flags transparent as well.
jlangsdo
Cutthroat

10932 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just read AdamMil's amazing post about where this is.

Line t_7_3 holds the starting year.
Line t_7_1 holds an integer that might be the N that AdamMil was referring to.

Using my savegame editor https://www.dropbox.com/sh/4rjpm6zt4ru517t/AAAQNyk6YhKwSknX5FbJOP6ja/pirates_savegame_editor.pl?dl=0
use these switches (with -set 4 meaning set to 1680)

pirates_savegame_editor.pl -unpack slot1
pirates_savegame_editor.pl -in slot1 -out slot2 -splice t_7_1 -set 4

I'm not sure what will happen if N is not in the range 0..4, though. You may need to edit t_7_3 as well. It may just crash. Your pirate also might land up being -44 years old. However, it might be possible to advance it to 5,6, or 7, for 1700, 1720, 1740.

Lines City_x_7 set in which era you can find each city, and 3 of the last 4 bits of that are always 0. That might mean that the cities will all disappear if you change the starting era to 5,6, or 7.

It might work to bring them back if you run:

savegame_editor.pl -in slot2 -out slot3 -splice City_x_7 -set 11111111

(this would force all cities to be on for all eras).
parksbanyon
Gunner

13127 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 12:19 pm    Post subject: smile Reply with quote

Laughing Glad to see your still around
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Customization & Modding All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: