Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

MusicMatch Jukebox
View previous topic :: View next topic  
luckybaer66
Swabbie

1282 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 4:37 pm    Post subject: MusicMatch Jukebox Reply with quote

I just wanted to let everyone know of something that I came across this weekend.

I always benchmark my PC with 3DMark05 before and every install that I do. Normally, my middle-of-the-road PC benchmarks between 2360 and 2366. Well, I installed MusicMatch Jukebox (free version), and my benchmark dropped to 2335. I know that 1% or so of a decline may not seem like much, but it irked me. I uninstalled MusicMatch, and did a system restore.

I didn't bother analyzing WHAT exactly happened. I only knew that the only change made on a macro level (as opposed to micro, not macro as in instructions written in Visual Basic) was the MusicMatch was installed. In the past, I noticed some installs screwed with my version of DirectDraw or even DirectX. And I'm a guy that NEVER does the "Express Install" option because I always want to know as much as possible about the crap that is going on to my PC.

Just wanted to let folks know.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Technical Issues All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: