Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

Is PotC game any good?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Seafarer
Powder Monkey

90 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 5:53 pm    Post subject: Is PotC game any good? Reply with quote

What is some of the best Pirate games out there? And what good coming soon pirate games are out there?
Kokopelli
Swabbie

801 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So far, PIRATES! is still the best pirate game out there. PoTC was ok, but it could've been 10xs better. I would recommend the Port Royale series, but they've really messed up on that nation's and there cities. e.g. England owning Puerto Rico? Rolling Eyes

There's always the MMORPG that will likely be out next year, called Pirates of the Burning Sea. Asside from the recent titles listed, there really isn't much else out there.
Seafarer
Powder Monkey

90 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there a link for this MMORPG? Does it cost money to play?
Kokopelli
Swabbie

801 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seafarer wrote:
Is there a link for this MMORPG? Does it cost money to play?

The link for it is: http://www.burningsea.com

The screens look pretty nice, Akella (the ones who built the PoTC ships) is building the ships for this. Last I heard, it will be a free DL but will cost around $10-12/month to play it.
Seafarer
Powder Monkey

90 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bummer... I always wan't a free MMORPG to come out but you always hafta pay. *sigh* know any non-pirate games that are good? Is Rome: total war nice?
Kokopelli
Swabbie

801 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rome: Total War is very nice. It has some glitches to it, but those are easily overlooked with the actual game itself.
CaptainBlood
Swabbie

985 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard that the MMORPG will be pretty much sea battles only, which get really old after a while. I agree that PoTC could have been far better if you didnt get stuck in the stupid plotline and were free to do what you wanted, if the swordfighting engine and sea battle engine were used in an open ended game like Pirates it would be really cool.
Jeffers
Powder Monkey

786 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 4:24 pm    Post subject: POTC? Reply with quote

It was heading towards being a good game as "Sea Dogs 2" but then it got hijacked by Disney and rushed out as POTC. Out of the box it was a buggy mess but there is a good online community who have done lots of good work and turned it into an OK game.
I have heard rumours that Sea Dogs 2 might still be released in it's own right, but I think Pirates! will be the best game of this type around for some time to come.
Buckanear
Powder Monkey

210 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the graphics in PotC as well as the battle interface. The ships are superbly rendered as well as the scenery. The story is oky too with a variety of quests to pursue. However, the game is called Pirates of the Caribbean, yet it doesn't take place in the caribbean. If the map was expanded to include the whole thing, the game would be much better. Also the sailing interface outof ports is totally lame. It looks like a cheap cartoon.
El Austriaco
Powder Monkey

447 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2004 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i agree great potential in potc

2 things that really turn me off that game:

-it is not set in the caribbean.... but some fantasy islands

-the interface....it is made for consoles like x-box
and i think this is a major offense to pc players, apart from being crappy

for example if you want to name your ship you cant even type the name but click on the letters in console fashion....

i also get tired of running round the city to get ammunition and crew
even when using the quick-travel option i have to run and talk to the right person and run down to the docks again

however the big plus of the game is the sailing/sea battle and the graphics in that

i love thos sharks swimming around and a battle in rough sea or at fullmoon just makes you feel as if you are right on board the ship

would be great if they could make it an open ended world (like morrowind)
with less of a main quest, because starting a fight in a tavern adds to the atmosphere
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Other Games All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: