Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

This is a Stupid Question
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rupertlittlebear
Helmsman

10381 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2004 8:17 pm    Post subject: This is a Stupid Question Reply with quote

Have a friend who seems to be a vintage Pirates! fan, but . . .
Now he only owns a Mac. (G4 Notebook?) And the extra $$ for a new PC seems to be beyond question.

Is there any way to get Pirates! to run on his Mac other than installing in a PC compatible motherboard?

Please be civil.
monkeyman
Powder Monkey

102 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2004 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are some rumors that it will eventually be ported to mac. May take a few months though.

Sorry, there's no practical way to get the PC version running on his mac.
Kiwegapa
Powder Monkey

515 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2004 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd have to agree..the PC version of Pirates! is demanding enough that I'd hesitate to run it under Virtual PC or something of the like. Let Firaxis and Atari know that Mac gamers still exist and want to plunder the Carribbean too!
TheDS
Seaman

2085 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did HE ask about this, or did it just occur to you that it might make a nice gift for him?

Hey, if you live in the Daytona beach / St. Augustine area, and you are interested in playing games, send me a note. I need a new gamer group!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
GrapeJ
Swabbie

349 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 5:50 pm    Post subject: dream on Reply with quote

monkeyman wrote:
There are some rumors that it will eventually be ported to mac. May take a few months though.

There is always a rumor that a certain game will get on mac eventually, it usually takes years, not months. If you like games you just need to get a PC or a console. Seems like there is a better chance of it getting ported to xbox than to mac.
"Me? I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly. It's the honest ones you want to watch out for, because you can never predict when they're going to do something incredibly... stupid." Captain Jack Sparrow
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Technical Issues All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: