Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

Questions: Game saves? Ship repairs?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WendyBinCT
Powder Monkey

1231 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 5:17 pm    Post subject: Questions: Game saves? Ship repairs? Reply with quote

Ahoy! A happy newbie here... enjoying my favorite Christmas gift! Some questions (with undoubtedly obvious answers):

1) How do I save to one of the numbered game slots? I've tried hitting Shift-S and that game ends up in the "Quick" slot (I think). Must my ship be at sea in order to save?

2) How can I get damage to my hull or sails repaired? After my first battle, I visited three different ports, and none of the shipwrights offered to do repairs. Are only certain shipwrights skilled in repair work? Do I have to hunt for one?

Thanks in advance,
WendyB
Rock
Cutthroat

7607 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1) For some odd reason you can only save at sea. When you're at sea either hit the Esc key OR click on "Fleet Status" in the lower right menu. This will bring up a screen with text options and some icons (along the bottom) you can click on for various info. You'll notice an icon that looks like a CD. Click on that one to bring up the Save/Load game menu. (You'll notice the CD icon is "greyed out" when you're in port and therefore "unclickable".)

2) Huh? When you visit the Shipwright (and have damage) you should see the option to "Repair Damage". Unless you don't have enough gold, it should be clickable. Note that ALL Shipwrights will repair damage as far as I know.

Niedzwiedz
Swabbie

1236 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the shipwright screen there is a small wooden hammer in the upper right hand area of the screen with the cost for repairs under it. If there is no hammer, there is no damage.

Also if you have a sailmaker or a carpenter aboard they will do repairs while you sail. They don't work very fast but they do help.
WendyBinCT
Powder Monkey

1231 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to Rock and Niedzwiedz. Now I have 3 vessels in perfect repair, and 4 saved games.

Arrr!
WendyB
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Technical Issues All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: