Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

Happy Thanksgiving
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pirate
Helmsman

109759 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2020 11:05 pm    Post subject: Happy Thanksgiving Reply with quote

Happy Thanksgiving! 🦃

I hope everyone is enjoying Thanksgiving this year. As for me no. I wish it was over. Said hi to my daughter and she got mad that I spoke to her. Mad looking faces everywhere when I am around so I’m hold up in the room now just letting the world go by. Last year I was in the Philippines. It was happy then but not this year. Enjoy Thanksgiving and I do feel blessed to be part of the community here so thanks to all of you for allowing me be a part here.
Salty Dog
Sailing Master

191991 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2020 11:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Happy Thanksgiving Reply with quote

Pirate wrote:
Happy Thanksgiving! 🦃

I hope everyone is enjoying Thanksgiving this year. As for me no. I wish it was over. Said hi to my daughter and she got mad that I spoke to her. Mad looking faces everywhere when I am around so I’m hold up in the room now just letting the world go by. Last year I was in the Philippines. It was happy then but not this year. Enjoy Thanksgiving and I do feel blessed to be part of the community here so thanks to all of you for allowing me be a part here.

Happy Thanksgiving Pirate! We are with you. Hope things get better every day and you see much happiness in your future. We are all thinking of you and give our our best.
As for me, I am just hanging out with the wife, riding my bike indoors, watching some TV and playing some computer games. Wish we could go traveling! Can't square dance either.
Best of luck there buddy! Arr!
Pirate
Helmsman

109759 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2020 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Salty. Your messenger means a lot to me. I’m thankful for all my friends here. Did eat good but no turkey. El Pollo Mexican Chicken instead. Everyone here seems to be having a decent time. Karaoke all day but as usual no kindness towards me except my father in law did hand me a plate to go get dinner with but then I got chewed out for getting a plate because the plates were already on the table. I wanted to flip the table over and hit the highway bụt didn’t. I mean I didn’t get the plate out of the cabinet it was giving to me. Just a prison is all this place is to me.
Roland
Helmsman

22541 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2020 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The weather here was perfect here today, so I sat on the front stoop drinking coffee and reading Chaucer this afternoon. I thought I would resort to a frozen turkey dinner, but my next-door neighbor Nick brought me a plate of food from their table. Later on, my friend Corey brought me a full Thanksgiving dinner from her leftovers. One of the advantages of being a bachelor is that people assume I need to be taken care of!

Last night I got together with my brother and sister and their families via Zoom. That was the first time we've done that, but I hope it won't be the last. My life of isolation would be a lot lonelier without Zoom.

Happy Thanksgiving to all!
fleetp
Boatswain

36110 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2020 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shortly after breakfast my significant other and I telephoned my widowed sister-in-law and wished her a Happy Thanksgiving. We had a good long chat.
My sweetie made turkey dinner with mashed potatoes, gravy, cranberry sauce, rolls and veggies. I got to wash dishes, pots and pans (I made t-day dinner for us many years ago, my partner was grateful, but said I didn't have to do it again).
Pirate, I pray that happiness finds you.
Pirate
Helmsman

109759 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn’t get any turkey or stuffing 😭
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: