Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

HiggsBosun - Hated by all
View previous topic :: View next topic  
corsair91
Sailing Master

206645 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:00 am    Post subject: HiggsBosun - Hated by all Reply with quote

HiggsBosun - Hated by all

https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/hated-by-all.358941/

Hated by all
HiggsBosun, Mar 26, 2010.

I used a hex editor to find out where your rank is stored in the save, and have edited myself a save where all four nations have a price of 258k on my head. To balance this I have given myself 200k gold, because I must have done something to become the most hated pirate in the Caribbean.

This basically means you cannot enter any of the major ports in the game, although you can still visit settlements, pirate hideouts, missions, and Indian villages. Which in turn means you end up dumping huge amounts of cargo into the sea, and you can only recruit crew at pirate hideouts.

Obviously I could get a missionary to clear my reputation with one or all nations, but using only self control and coffee, I am resisting this temptation.

If anyone is interested, I can upload the 1 Jan 1680 save, or you can edit your own save. I use HxD if you don't already have an editor, and I show 16 bytes per row.
http://mh-nexus.de/en/hxd/

The relevant position is midway between the last town name, and the cash on hand position. Each nation's ranking occupies two bytes, so for minimal impact if I'm accidentally offset by a byte, I update them all with the same character. I use FE, because xFEFE is the highest possible number below xFFFF with this pattern. This means you have to earn 258 brownie points with each nation in order for them to become friendly. Not insurmountable surely.

Find the first byte after the end of the last town name, in my case offset B6B.
Go down 2 rows, to offset B8B. Type fe fe fe fe in offsets B8B - B8E.
Now go to the left. Type fe fe fe fe in offsets B87 - B8A.
Again, go to the left. Type fe fe fe fe in offsets B83 - B86.
Last two. Type fe fe in offsets B81 - B82.
Remember that these offsets are mine, yours will surely be different.

Finally, go down 4 rows, and to the right 2 columns, in my case offset BC3.
The byte value should be 0A. This is hex for 10 gold.
Update 0A 00 00 in offsets BC3 - BC5 to 40 0D 03.
This is the hex in reverse for 200k gold.

PS I saw I could include attachments, so I included my save.

EveryoneHatesMe.zip

https://forums.civfanatics.com/attachments/everyonehatesme-zip.247631/
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Customization & Modding All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: