Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

other files in the FPKs?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Customization & Modding Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pirate
Helmsman

109759 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2021 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like everything else not everything originally intended to be in the game made it. Sometimes it’s because of not getting finished before a deadline and sometimes it’s because they decide to go a different direction and scrap it. The parrot I believe has animations to fly but they never actually made it work by adding it in the executable. The pirate Captain isn’t a fighting nif but more like a character you walk up and talk too. He never made it in the game either. The parrot mod just uses it to replace one of the items like you can buy from the mysterious stranger.
themodelcitizen
Gunner

14671 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2021 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I don't think it actually makes use of the parrot files in the game already, just adds some new drawings to replace the Indian useless items.

What's the file for the unused captain? So you can paste him onto a dancer or certain figures but he can't duel?
Pirate
Helmsman

109759 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2021 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it’s pirate_Captain or something like that. I know it had pirate in it. I’ll look for it when I get back on the laptop.
Pirate
Helmsman

109759 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2021 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes he doesn’t duel. I don’t know what they had in mind when they made him but he is in there and he has a texture. He can be used to dance or replace the Jesuit but he really doesn’t have a place and he certainly isn’t a good Jesuit appearance wise. Best place is male dancer but it would be better if you had four different textures as Billy and his twins look a little odd. Maybe different coat colors or something.
corsair91
Sailing Master

207513 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2021 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Possibly this

Pak5
pirate_captain.nif

Pak6
pirate_captain.dds
themodelcitizen
Gunner

14671 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2021 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What'd you replace for the priest, mission_s? There's also missionary_b but it looks like someone's real face was used (Sid maybe) and I don't recognize it from the game
Pirate
Helmsman

109759 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2021 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't replace them as what else would look right. The pirate captain works but he doesn't look Religious. Turning the missions into something else would be work and lots of it. Yes Sid is one of them just like the Stranger.
themodelcitizen
Gunner

14671 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2021 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

was just playing with the abbot's colours to change them from Jesuit to Dominican (where the term "black friar" comes from):

Compare to the original:

https://sidmeierspirates.fandom.com/wiki/Amnesty_Mission?file=2004_Jesuit_AmnestyMission.jpg

I wouldn't mind making the native chiefs more like Malay/Austronesian chiefs or sultans but it's probably not worth the effort
Pirate
Helmsman

109759 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2021 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I like that better. Now he needs a cleaner haircut on the sides and a skull cap on top like Catholic Priests wear and he be ready for a public appearance.
themodelcitizen
Gunner

14671 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2021 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wonder if we can make Montalban Portuguese. Doesn't he already use French/Portuguese flags for some weird reason? Would be interesting having to chase different villains around different areas of the map (for different nationalities).
Pirate
Helmsman

109759 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2021 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds nice but I don’t know how to change his allegiance except making him a pirate by sacking all the Spanish cities and appointing non Spanish Governors.
themodelcitizen
Gunner

14671 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2021 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah its gotta be in the code somewhere. Unless the game just handles everything by turning it either Pirate or Spanish if it can't find what it's supposed to (I think if you remove all Indian villages via the trainer it keeps sending Indian attacks, albeit they're Spanish and supposedly coming from Europe on the east part of the map. It doesn't read it as a Spanish raid though)
Pirate
Helmsman

109759 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2021 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah seems like I remember that too. Strange but the coding must be off somewhere for that to happen. Since the majority of the people will never find this bug or didn’t find it after it’s release no patch was created. Seems like they were in a hurry to get that game out by Christmas so that’s usually what happens then later they patch as they find issues rather then getting it right on the spot. They probably left out a few goodies due to not getting it finished on time too.
Pirate
Helmsman

109759 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2021 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember once attacking a pirate raider outside of a English City. I was in good standings with the English then after getting the pirate raider I couldn’t get in port and the fort cannons started firing at me. They were going to try plunder the city then I saved them and that was my Thanks so yes the game has issues.
themodelcitizen
Gunner

14671 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2021 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fighting in the vicinity of a city tends to upset them, even if you're saving their @ss from invasion, lol. Real grateful!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Customization & Modding All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: