Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

Foodsnacks / End-game food storage problem
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ahzrakhal
Powder Monkey

154 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2023 2:35 pm    Post subject: Foodsnacks / End-game food storage problem Reply with quote

The Ship of The Line can hold up to 450 people, yet with 100 or so storage, half of which is guns, how long can I even realistically feed that many people? I'm at 200 crew right now and 70 food only lasts a year or so. Not to mention I won't be able to take any other cargo.

Would I just need to stock up very regularly? Or is it not worth going out of my way to fill my crew completely? Is there a ship with an efficient cargo to crew ratio so I can carry more food and keep the journey going longer?
Pirate
Helmsman

109759 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only warships that might hold more cargo would be the Spanish galleons. They are slow. For cargo merchant ships, trade galleons that's what they do cargo be it spice, tea' or slaves. Warships were to haul people, ass and pack punch and knock a knot on somebody's head with. Food usually is simple to get. Just take it from the kid beside u as he comes by sailing. Be the water bully.
fleetp
Boatswain

36050 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2023 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Food is available in every city, town, settlement, pirate haven, Jesuit Mission and native village (granted there is usially not a lot of food available in the missions and native villages). You can also get food by capturing a grain transport.
Ahzrakhal
Powder Monkey

154 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2023 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I admit I was a bit over-anxious about it, I was used to having enough food for months and months into the future, so seeing my ammount of food only last for 4 or so months.

But like you said, taking food and buying food isn't hard, and that's made even easier assuming I have a ship of the line and can just pick on anyone without repricussion.

But also, more importantly I think, I don't need a maximum filled out crew most of the time. As long as I have enough to ideally run the ship, and a little extra just in case, I'll have no problems on the open sea. Carrying a ton of crew is good if I wanted to invade a city, but otherwise isn't needed.

I'm actually running into the issue that I started invading cities too late and I'm now worried that if I get the RNG to get a swordfight instead of just a land battle, I'll be too old and I'll just lose. Next playthrough I'll just have to be quicker.
themodelcitizen
Gunner

14635 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2023 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IIRC the swordfight only happens if they're outnumbered by a certain degree, or if they have less than 100 men or something? it's not RNG. But I think every successful invasion/regime change involves a swordfight with the captain of the guard at some point? I can justify using the Trainer and "always 18 for sword fights" for stuff like that Wink
Roland
Helmsman

22541 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2023 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

themodelcitizen wrote:
IIRC the swordfight only happens if they're outnumbered by a certain degree, or if they have less than 100 men or something? it's not RNG. But I think every successful invasion/regime change involves a swordfight with the captain of the guard at some point? I can justify using the Trainer and "always 18 for sword fights" for stuff like that Wink

Yes - you get the sword fight rather than the land battle if the city's defenders have 100 soldiers or fewer.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Life at Sea All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: