Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

Where can i get a dds converter?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vestax159
Powder Monkey

40 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 5:25 am    Post subject: Where can i get a dds converter? Reply with quote

Alright im a newb but everyone of you were at one point in time. Anyhow can someone tell me how to extract, edit, and change models / skins in the game. I know how to use a program similar to 3ds max and photoshop but i would like to know how to extract and put the images back into the game please.
rupertlittlebear
Helmsman

10381 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate this question. If you can edit DDS you never remember how you got there.

Anyway, Google search for:

DDS plug photoshop

Seems that Photoshop can do it (I do not have that program to test it). There is a claim that MSPaint will edit DDS, mine will only complain.

As to a converter Mad Evil or Very Mad Crying or Very sad

Found what will read DDS and convert to any format you want, but have not found ANY to convert into DDS. Nvidia even has a DDS -> TGA conversion program! Corel 12 may work with DDS, but there are complaints posted on the web about that particular conversion.

Have also found DDS and TGA thumbnail viewer plugins for Internet Explorer (reports that they also work for other applications)

The last part of your question seems to be burried in a FPK PACKER.
Again Google Search:

FPK Pack

Similar to ZIP files, FPK seem to be packed DDS files. Unpack, edit, re-pack if you want, Pirates! will find the files it needs if they are packed or not. Just throw your modifications into the Custom folder! Leave the originals where ever they are.
Vestax159
Powder Monkey

40 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you so much for your help. I'll see if i can figure this out a little later today.
Saedor
Powder Monkey

32 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wolfwood
Boatswain

33917 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Read the Sail/Emblem Tutorial on this site. Click the GUIDE link at the top of the page, or pick one of the first topics on this forum section: the Tutorial is one of the sticky topics.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Customization & Modding All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: