Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

I miss the music!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vulture
Gunner

606 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 1:01 am    Post subject: I miss the music! Reply with quote

Remember the Music from the original Pirates! game. I sorta miss the sailing songs. I wonder if you can swap music files. Any help out there? It would be cool to cruise around plundering with Jimmy buffet in the backround too.

32 brightly polished cannons, a bottle o'rum, ahh..... a pirates life for me!
natronix
Powder Monkey

1052 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 2:14 am    Post subject: you alter the sound files Reply with quote

All you need is a audio editing program to get the files in the right format and place in the proper directory for the game to play the differnt sounds. You can mod the game to play and sound effect or musical track you want. As far as the old Pirates! game music goes, those I have from Pirates! Gold. They were all MIDI files which if you have a true Soundblaster card, will sound great. I was lucky to have an AWE32 card at that time in '94 so I kept these original MIDI files. If want I can put them together on a file share site for you...
natronix
Powder Monkey

1052 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 2:28 am    Post subject: audio ticket Reply with quote

Check out the this web host site where I posted some files for download:
https://www.sharemation.com/xythoswfs/webui/_xy-710709_files-t_VlBAjr9E
Athos
Swabbie

2 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, the song I miss most is the "What shall we do with a drunken sailor" when you divide the plunder.
Howie
Helmsman

45890 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How come that first game seemed to be so much better then this game? Except for graphics of course... Sad
Boatswain

4687 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bryce777
Gunner

652 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The victory song is the one I miss. it was fantastic...I will check out those files.

You just rename your song to the right name and stick it in your custom folder.
natronix
Powder Monkey

1052 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 1:04 am    Post subject: plugging in an old tune. Reply with quote

You can convert the MIDI file by using a mapper program to save the MIDI as its playing to a WAV file (like Winamp). You can then convert the WAV to ADPCM file via a tool like CoolEdit or Soundforge or any other shareware audio editor. Just plug into the Assets directory.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Pirates! Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: