Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

New Mods
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rupertlittlebear
Helmsman

10381 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 5:38 pm    Post subject: New Mods Reply with quote

Been seeing new dates in the Mods section, but no new mods.

Is anybody approving Mods anymore?

Are there new ones that just do not appear to us regular users?
Island Jack
Seaman

4699 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I uploaded my Hawaiian shirt Mod pack a week ago and again this week. I'm just wondering how long it takes to get a Mod into the available part of the section, without being pushy. Come on, there were a couple of people who liked it.

"Mr. Thirsty! Load guns with balls!"
Gun Pierson
Gunner

5053 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Falconer still has the final word about the mods so he needs to check them one by one and it seems he's busy doing other things at the moment.

I finally was able to upload two more daughters myself before the weekend. And I think plenty of other mods are on the waiting list.

Last edited by Gun Pierson on Wed Apr 13, 2005 1:17 am; edited 1 time in total
fossaman
Gunner

3515 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So why don't they show up under pending approval?

Like my fossa? He's a pirate! Razz
Gun Pierson
Gunner

5053 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fossaman wrote:
So why don't they show up under pending approval?

I think that part doesn't work yet. It would be nice to have an official answer on this topic from one of the administrators though.
Eskimo_pirat
Swabbie

92 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed, it takes long time before some uploaded mods getting aviable for other players, but anyway at least one get through, my so called "dragono" sail, my other sail-emblem didn't show up
PiratesFan
Rigger

23491 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Working on getting this taken care of guys.. Haven't responded cause I don't have an answer and I hate responding to things when I don't have a good or reliable answer. So THis will have to be an official answer until I get a better one. This is basically letting you guys know I am working on it to find out what's going on.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
rupertlittlebear
Helmsman

10381 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know, it is possible that things have been approved, just not visible. And if you never get postings like this you would never find out.

It is also possible that the people in charge are just swamped and cannot get to the fun stuff.
Falconer
Captain

2865 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope, tis all my fault peeps... Well, my lack of time's fault. Life's been pretty hectic the last weeks for various reasons.

However, the mods have been approved now. We have:

- 6 new daughter mods
- 1 new sail & flag combo mod
- 1 new sail mod
- 5 new character mods

The mod approving could be a lot faster, but several things (besides time) are making it more difficult. Approving the mods themselves is quick and easy, but I had to change the script somewhat to allow for the preview thumbnails to show up. As advertised before, my programming skills are almost nonexistent, so it's a small miracle I got it to show thumbnails at all (program doesn't support them).

The downside is that linking up the mod with its thumbnail IS a manual job. I have to download it, sometimes resize it and upload it to its appropriate place. Only Wolf and I have access to FTP and Wolf isn't familiar with the program. This makes the whole thing rather lengthy to process.

I think I've thought up a way to skip a lot of the manuals stuff, which means that any of our moderatorss can approve the mods, and I hope I can implement that before the weekend.

What you can do to help speed thing up:

1) Make sure you keep the thumbnail image no wider than 400 pix. (some of you don't seem to know what 400 pix wide is, you know who you are) Smile
2) Upload the thumbnail image seperately. It's okay to include it in the zip, but ALSO do it seperately. If you don't, I have to download the file, extract the thumbnail, upload it again.
3) Always include the thumbnail. There are a handful of exceptions, but in general, no thumbnail=killed. We just don't have the time to make them ourselves.
4) Make sure that the thumbnail image has the same name as the mod filename (obviously with the .jpg extention)
5) Don't use caps in the extention (not JPG, but jpg)
6) Upload in the main directory, that way we'll find it easier.

I'll add the above guidelines to the mod database when I've managed to fix it so that anyone can approve. We'll also add a sticky topic where people can announce their mod. The moderators can 'subscribe' to that topic, which means we'll all get an automatic notification as soon as you post.

So, that's it really... Enjoy the new mods, and my apologies for taking so long.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: