Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

My Amazing Lrg. Frigate
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Warlock
Swabbie

2844 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 2:52 pm    Post subject: My Amazing Lrg. Frigate Reply with quote

Quiet Mates! I be talkin' about me ship "The Scorpion", Which I took from the one and only "Capt. Henry "Chubby Butt" Morgan!" (That boy needs to trim down some).

What's amazing about me Frigate is that it gets stuck on sand bars and gets damaged on rocks but it can sail through fortresses and reappear unscathed. Now that's amazing!! I'll bet "The Black Pearl" can't even do that!

Besides the fact that it's unsettling to my crew and they've nicknamed me "Merlin", according to Jack Sparrow,"It just ain't natural." Can this be fixed or did Firaxis also hard code "Stupid Stuff" into the game?

I was also wondering why I can't Bombard the fortresses of a city that I wish to pillage and rob. To me, any reasonable leader of cutthroats would try to lessen the resistance and minimize his own losses by first bombardment , then a landing of his crew.

Also; should I feel confident enought o enter one of the "contests" or "Challenges", how do I take a "screen shot" in order to prove my prowess?

Sincerely,
Warlock

May there always be Rum in your coconut!

I says who I am and I am who I says!!!
Grimmelshausen
Cutthroat

1811 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that´s because the fortresses are merely a graphic representation of the garrison size. Watch a city that gets reinforcement troops, as soon as they arrive, there wil be a bastion added to the fortress. Of course this works as well the other way around, watch Indians ot pirates attack a city, and the number of bastions sinks.
Warlock
Swabbie

2844 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 4:54 pm    Post subject: Frigate Reply with quote

Grimmelshausen;
Thanks for the info. I'm sure you're correct. It makes sense, but I would still say to Firaxis, it would be better to have real fortresses. To signal strength, you could have different flag pennants under the city flag or some other way to indicate troop strength. NO?

Warlock

Shark Feeder
Powder Monkey

710 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 9:06 pm    Post subject: Capture a screenshot Reply with quote

In order to capture a screenshot:

First: Press the Print screen key, if you want to pause the screen you wish press the 7 key(please note the word puased will appear in the middle of the screen)

Second: press Alt+Tab to exit Pirates.

Third: Open up a graphics program (Paint works well for this) From the tool bar paste the image to paint. You will see the entire image that was captured from the game. You can edit the picture as you see fit.

Fourth: Give the image a name and save it. Jpeg works the best when it comes to posting on the hookedonpirates forum.

Finally: When you close the graphic program. Pirates will still be on the bottom tool bar. You may be able to continue on Pirates when you click the icon or you may get an error when trying this, all you have to do is reload the game.
Warlock
Swabbie

2844 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 1:03 pm    Post subject: Screenshot Reply with quote

Thanks, SHARKFEEDER!

I would'nt have had a clue! If I ever do anything of note I'll give it a go!!

I appreciate you and others for being so helpful to the gaming impaired.

Warlock

ps: Still looking for that varmint, M. Jackson, somewhere West of the Keys!

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Customization & Modding All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: