Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

Roleplaying on a Roll
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> The Circle of Pirates Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Arrrr
Seaman

1347 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I took his offered cigar, figuring the building of trust at this early stage was more important than the fact I hated the evil things. As I approached Mr. Silver, I saw his eyes take in El D, however his expression revealed no hint of his thoughts.

"Mr. Silver, I am here. As you can see, I brought some help in the form of El D, I hope you don't mind? On to business, then. What exactly was it you were wanting from me, or us?"
El Diablo
Cutthroat

218 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 8:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Leon Wolfen Reply with quote

ElD took a big drag, blowed the smoke up into the air and nodded slightly into the direction of Marley Silver.

He returned Marley Silver's look open with a hidden smile playing on his face and waited while not turning his eyes.
KingWilly
Rigger

9821 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*** Will Scarlett ***

As the crew boarded the pinnace, we were surprised to note that there were only a handful of crew aboard this ship. Why had they decided to attack us with only this many crew? It seemed like a desperate act of a captain who knew what he was doing. The captain of the pinnace was only a young boy (or so it seemed). He had youthful looks, and this was probably his first voyage as captain of the ship. I asked him what he was doing, by captaining this ship.
"This be my father's ship, he died a few weeks ago, and I was made Captain in his honour. We have been short on food for the last week or so while we have been sailing. We do not have any navigational equipment, and as such we have no idea where the closest port is. Your ship came along, and we figured it would be a great chance to get some provisions"

So indeed, he was desperate. His story seemed to be true as what was left of his crew looked ragged and hungry. They were weak from starvation, and as such gave way easily when we attacked back and came close. We offered his men food, well as much as we could afford as we too, were not overly provisioned. They were greatful, and asked to join our crew, which we agreed to. They were good sailors, though from the lack of a compass or sextant, they had not known where they were sailing.

The condition of the pinnace was not good, so we decided to plunder it of everything valuable and then sink it. It was taking on water slowly, but it wouldn't be long before water took over. There was a locked chest in the captains quarters, which we hauled aboard our ship. I opened it up and to my delight, there was plenty of valuable items including jewellery, silverware and gold coins. I was not sure how many there were from looking, but there was close to 600, maybe more. Not bad for all the effort - or lack of really.

We took everything we could off the pinnace, but apart from the chest, there wasn't too much worth taking. There was no food, just a couple of bottles of rum, some powder for the cannons, which there was only a couple in working order and some maps, which were not of much use to me, but kept them anyway. After taking as much as we could, we sailed away, before firing on the striken pinnace. We all watched as it sank slowly to davy jones locker, never to be seen again.

We continued our journey south. I had decided after finding the gold in the chest that we should find port somewhere nearby to purchase some food, especially now that we had extra crew. St.Kitts was a notable town just a few days south of us. They were sure to have plenty of food for purchase. After discussion with the main members of my crew, it was justly decided that was where we would go.

AKA. Will Scarlett.
KingWilly
Rigger

9821 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*** Will Scarlett ***

Our journey to St.Kitts was an uneventful one. The only real point of interest was a number of dolphins which swam beside our ship at times. We continued to enjoy calm seas and a shining sun above us most of the way to St.Kitts. The occasional cloud could be seen in the sky, but nothing to suggest that a huge storm was brewing. Of course, this suited the crew and myself fine. Storms in this part of the world could demolish a ship in no time and leave no sign of any crew.

"Land ho" cried the lookout from atop the crow's nest. This was soon followed by the echoing of "Land ho, land ho" from my feathered friend whom I had christened Polly - how original. It was St.Kitts. I had previously decided not to sail all the way into the harbour with our colours adorned on our ship. Local settlements did not like pirates too much, even those that fought on behalf of them - unless the pirate was really well known. As we had just begun setting a name for ourselves, we were relatively unknown. As such, we lowered our colours before sailing into the harbour.

St.Kitts was a bustling English colony. There were people all over the streets selling their wares, and a couple of large storehouses nearby to the harbour, which would probably be the best place to buy and sell food and other goods. I allowed most of the men to take shore leave - which they duly took and headed straight for the local tavern.

Myself and my first mate James, along with the young captain (his name be John Little) from the pinnace headed off to see the local merchants to see what we could get for the excess goods we had, and to purchase some more food for the journey ahead. The merchant was a portly fellow who, it seemed, ate much of what he was selling. We were able to purchase the required amount of food with the gold we had taken from the pinnace and had plenty left over for our own purposes.

We visited the tavern to find the crew already into the rum. We joined them for some before I went to the barkeep to see what information he could give me.

"Ahh, so you be Cap'n Scarlett" says the barkeep.
"That be me alright" says I back to him. "So what be the goings on around here".
"Nothing much has happened in St.Kitts lately, a few merchant ships sailed in a few weeks ago, but nothing out of the ordinary. On the other hand, I've recently heard that St.Martin was attacked by pirates recently - and from my sources, it was all over some Spanish woman - I think it was the daughter of a local Spanish governor"
This was indeed interesting news. St. Martin was only a few days to the north. We hadn't noticed anything during our voyage, but we had tried to steer clear of the dutch town as we sailed south past it. I spoke to the barkeep some more, but he said nothing much else of importance.

With that, it was time to visit the local Governor. He was well respected in the parts, as St.Kitts was thriving and it seemed was much due to how this Governor ran the colony. We were greeted at the governors mansion by a number of soldiers - who after a bit of persuading finally let me speak to the Governor.
"Mr. Scarlett, I presume" the governor questioned, as he indicated for me to sit down.
"What be your business in St.Kitts"
I informed the governor that we were here to collect some supplies for our next journey and to spend some time hoping to collect some useful information.
"Maybe you can run an errand for me" inquired the governor, at which I suggested to him that I would indeed be interested if it did not take us too much off our course.
"I have a cousin in the navy who has been taken captive by the Spanish while sailing to Barbados. I last heard he had been taken to Trinidad. I can only assume he has been held in a prison there. I ask you to free him by whatever means possible and return him."
"Consider it done" I answered, knowing that Trinidad was a relatively less guarded town, and was one of the options we had previously considered.

With that, the governor bid us farewell. We headed back to the tavern to inform the crew that we be sailing tomorrow morning to Trinidad. Most of them went back to the ship for the evening, while myself, First Mate James and John Little stayed on at the tavern for the evening to discuss our plans.

AKA. Will Scarlett.
PiratesFan
Rigger

23509 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Marley Silver*

Standing near a choice of wooden boxes filled with wonders of things these now 2 gentleman had no clue waht was inside them. At this time Marley was wondering who this new man was but figured that since he needed to hurry on out to sea that the extra hands would be appreciated.

"I see you brought an extra hand sir," looks over to this man and shrugs it off "well its all good indeed. I will pay ye both when all these boxes are loaded in me rowboat over there"

Time was getting presssing and he really needed to get on but wasn't really worried about it. He knew he had plenty of time and now with the extra hand it wasn't going to take as long.

"Well sir, " looking at this new hand "I hope your ready to earn your weight in gold."

He looked over at the stack of 12 crates of boxes and a long slender box and decided he would start helping by putting the long slender wood box into the boat first. "Well thats a start please get a move on" He smiles his faint smile cause he is in pain from his leg giving him a fit. He limps over to an area to sit. Rolls up a cigarrette and proceeds to smoke as he waits for the 2 gentleman to start loading his rowboat up.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
El Diablo
Cutthroat

218 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 4:52 pm    Post subject: Re:Marley's Boxes Reply with quote

ElD takes the last drag and flips the end in a long bow out in the dark of the mole.

Marley Silver watches closely - it must have been some nice twenty metres. Just out of the hand with no extra move.

ElD seems to take no notice at all and dropps his coat to get better along. The silhouette even in the cloudy moonlight seems to be impressive.

"Silver,

I have the feeling, in this night more is to be payed."
PiratesFan
Rigger

23509 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*** Marley Silver***

Marley watched the two pack awya his goods into his rowboat and as the day drew to dusk. they were loading up the last of the goods.

"Thank you good sirs for this is a great help to me," He smiles and limps into his row boat. "Oh this be for yer troubles mateys" He hand both the gentleman a small sack of gold unties his row boat and heads off into the ocean.

As you two watch him row away you wonder where the baot is cause you don't see it in the distance. You also began to wonder what was in that long slender box that did not look like the rest of the crates and why he put that in their first. You both take a glance into your pouches and realize you were paid 100 gold each. So you shrug off the thoughts that were going on and decided to use that hard earned gold.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Arrrr
Seaman

1347 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leon Wolfen

Sitting back in The Salty Dog, I enjoyed the feel of my recently obtained 100 gold pieces sliding through my fingers. I'd already counted them twice, so I knew I hadn't been ripped off, but I still wanted to keep them close for just a little bit longer.

The tavern was mostly empty for some reason, I knew that a few people were out on their ships, but not that many. It was just approaching the time when one might expect the tavern to become crowded, but I could see the worry on the tavern owners face as he sat in the corner attending to his sums, glancing towards the door ever more regularly in the hope of seeing some patrons.

I bought two drinks, brought one over to him and began to discuss what it took to start and run a succesful tavern in this city.
El Diablo
Cutthroat

218 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ElD had had the hope, that the old man would need his arms to set over, but although he had those pain in his legs.

While hanging in his thoughts, he heard in the foggy harbour some noise, two ships or a ship and a rawboat hitting.

weighing the sack in his hands, he left the quai.
KingWilly
Rigger

9821 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*** Will Scarlett ***
(just off the coast north of Trinidad)

We had decided to head to Trinidad in the quickest possible course. With the Governor's orders in my head, I felt that urgency was a priority. We didn't know how long the Governor's cousin had been held captive in the town, nor did we know if he would still be there, but the quicker we arrived, the better.

On the way, there were a number of ships which would have been nice juicy targets for the crew, but knowing what was in store, it was decided that we sail clear of any distractions. And besides, we didn't really want to lose any men in ship combat if we could avoid it.

There was no fort in Trinidad which was a bonus for us, but there were still well trained Spanish soldiers stationed in the town. Although there weren't nearly as many as some other towns in the region, it would still be tough to capture the town. Many of the soldiers were equipped with muskets which could be used at long range. The only long range weapons we had were the cannons on board the ship, which were basically only good while we were still on board.

But use them we did. We fired on the town as we entered the harbour. We could hear shooting coming from within the town, but none of the crew was injured in the initial attack. We left some of the crew on board to continue the cannon fire as we entered the rowboats and headed for shore. The cannon fire stopped (as I had directed) as we reached land.

We were met by a number of soldiers, whom were clearly shaken by the cannon fire and the rowdy attackers now approaching them. A couple of them fought well, but most took one look at us and ran in fear. We did not have a large crew by any means, but it was definitely enough to attack this here island town. After beating off the soldiers who had stayed and fought, we followed those who had run off. We managed to catch up with one of the fleeing men.

"Where is the prison?" I asked him while pointing a dagger at his throat. This frightened young man pointed to a building further down the cobble-stoned road, which was now littered with debris from fallen buildings and people screaming and running around in fear. Of course they had nothing to fear as we had not come to attack innocent citizens, but to find the Governor's cousin, Admiral Fletcher.

"Is Admiral Fletcher being held there?" I asked him. I'm not sure he understood the question, but he understood the name Fletcher and nodded his head and said "Fletcher, si senor". He guided me (well, he walked in front of me as I pushed him in the direction I wanted him to go) to the prison. It had been deserted by the prison guards, but inside were a number of prisoners, including the man we were looking for. We freed him from his cell and headed back for the ship, which had now sailed into port. The Admiral was clearly delighted that we had set him free, as we were later to find out that he was scheduled to be hanged in three days, so we were just in time.

While we were freeing the admiral, the rest of the crew had been plundering as many valuables from the town that they could. I had previously insisted that they could take whatever they wanted, but make sure that we also had enough room for food for our return journey. We boarded the ship once more and waited for the remainder of the crew to return. The light was getting dim when he finally shoved off.

After a count of the crew, it was found that seventeen men had been lost in the battle. They would be sadly missed. My thoughts were with them as we sailed out of the harbour and headed back for St.Kitts. It had been a good day, but also a bad day in some regards.

AKA. Will Scarlett.
KingWilly
Rigger

9821 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*** Will Scarlett ***

Triumphant return to St.Kitts

Sitting outside the Governor's office, I pondered what we had done. The plundering of Trinidad, the freeing on the Admiral. It had all gone so quickly. The return journey hadn't been at all eventful apart from the couple of days where a storm blew up. The small barque was tossed about, but the crew and I were able to keep it afloat long enough to ride out the storm.

The Admiral sitting to my left was surprisingly quiet. He had been very talkative on the journey, always willing to give myself and other members of my crew advice on sailing. Mostly it was just some handy tips about getting the wind right. He was a skilled sailor, and so his advice was helpful to us all. He had mentioned that he had not seen his cousin for some time and was really looking forward to it, but now he was just looking around the room, but not really looking at anything in particular.

The door to the Governors office opened up and a small 'negro' (I hope this does not offend anyone - I am just using this term as it would not be correct periodically to use a more politically-correct term) beckoned us to enter.

"Hello Fletcher" said the Governor "It has been a long time". He was clearly happy to meet his cousin after such a period of absence, reaching his arms out to him and giving him a hug. Fletcher's face also lit up with joy. Maybe it was nerves that kept him quiet before just outside - I don't know, but now he was all smiles.

After the joyous reunion, the Governor turned his attention towards me.
"Thank you, my dear Mr. Scarlett. I have given you a mission of high importance to me and you have indeed shown your bravery in completing the mission. You are indeed a worthy man and as such, I reward you by giving you this letter of Marque. You are free to enter our harbour as you wish and to visit me anytime you like. We will be holding a dinner tonight to celebrate the return of my cousin and you are invited."
"Thank you Governor. I will be honoured to attend." I replied.

I had never been to a dinner at a Governors mansion before and certainly did not know how to act, but this was an opportunity too good to miss. Some fine food and wine - nothing like what they served in taverns - was what awaited myself, my first mate James and young John Little when we arrived in the evening. We could not believe our luck. This food was delicious - fit for kings. We did not say much during the evening, just listening to the conversations going on about us and enjoying the food. We left late in the evening, our stomachs bursting and the Governor wishing us all the best on our next trip. I had mentioned to him that, weather permitting, we would leave in the morning.

AKA. Will Scarlett.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> The Circle of Pirates All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: