Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

Stupid Purple Flags!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Customization & Modding Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gun Pierson
Gunner

5053 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rupertlittlebear wrote:
Takes forever to remember, but you know . . .

Pirates acts funny if you add or remove files while it is running.

Gives purple crap.

Are you adding files while the program is active?

Yes I second that. Saw that purple crap too a few times after adding files while the game was still running. Totaly forgot about it as it's a habit now to quit the game before adding things without realising why. But Rupert refreshed my memory again.
Yellowbeard
Seaman

7885 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem is I'd have to do a lot of playing and swapping files, because you can't save it on a purple flag, quit, change your folder and come back to see if anything is differant.

Just saving, closing and reloading without ANY change to your custom folder will fix the purple-flag bug if there was one saved on-screen.

Still, if you continue to play for ahwile, the problem eventually resurfaces.
rupertlittlebear
Helmsman

10381 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yellowbeard wrote:
The problem is I'd have to do a lot of playing and swapping files, because you can't save it on a purple flag, quit, change your folder and come back to see if anything is differant.

Just saving, closing and reloading without ANY change to your custom folder will fix the purple-flag bug if there was one saved on-screen.

Still, if you continue to play for ahwile, the problem eventually resurfaces.
Have you tried asking Firaxis?
Yellowbeard
Seaman

7885 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

A game company that listens to it's customers? I didn't know that existed. I thought game companies only released betas and the end-users playtested and fixed problems on their own.
rupertlittlebear
Helmsman

10381 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yellowbeard wrote:
Quote:

A game company that listens to it's customers? I didn't know that existed. I thought game companies only released betas and the end-users playtested and fixed problems on their own.
Sarcasm, just sarcasm.
Wolfwood
Boatswain

33917 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kristian95 wrote:
Ah, logic problem solving Very Happy You wouldn't happen to be an engineer, would you ??? (I actually am, chemical engineer) 'Cause your way of approach is a typical engineer way of thinking (I know, we're definately not the only people thinking like that) Mr. GreenMr. GreenMr. Green

Well, not quite (but does a researcher count?). On the other hand, I've always had this analytical mind that seems to come up with that stuff whether I want it or not. (Have you read Silverberg's "Roma Eterna" and how he describes (briefly) the differences between poets and engineers as lovers? I clearly belong to the latter group... Wink )
It is much better to be armed with a sword that has two edges than with an estoc [...], which is nothing more than a stick with a point. (Rapier Master G. Morsicato Pallavicini, La Scherma Illustrata, p. 14.)
Kristian95
Boatswain

4687 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wolfwood wrote:
Well, not quite (but does a researcher count?). On the other hand, I've always had this analytical mind that seems to come up with that stuff whether I want it or not. (Have you read Silverberg's "Roma Eterna" and how he describes (briefly) the differences between poets and engineers as lovers? I clearly belong to the latter group... Wink )

Hehehe scientists definately count Smile I'm currently a PhD student, so I'm a wannabe scientist Razz
I haven't read that book, but sounds like one I should definately get hold of WinkWinkMr. GreenMr. GreenMr. GreenMr. GreenMr. GreenMr. Green
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Customization & Modding All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: