Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

Best Civilization Game
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Other Games Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What do you think is the best CIV game
1. Civilization
17%
 17%  [ 3 ]
2. Civilization 2
41%
 41%  [ 7 ]
3. Civilization 2 Gold
11%
 11%  [ 2 ]
4. Civilization Call to Power
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
5. Civilization Call to Power 2
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
6. Civilization 3
29%
 29%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 17

Kristian95
Boatswain

4687 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingWilly wrote:
Ahhh....touche, Kristian.

Very good point indeed. But if that were the case, I'd still be playing the original Pirates on my Commodore64. Wink

Hehehehehehe, and ??? I can't see a problem with that..... except of course that you wouldn't be able to surf the web with your C64 and thus wouldn't be posting here Sad
Cap'n Tiger
Powder Monkey

509 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I enjoy Civ2 the most (though this must be qualified as I have not played any of the games in the poll below C2). The main problem I have with Civ2 is it is too addictive. When I get started playing a game, I will stay up way, way too late--makes work very difficult the next day. Wink

It's been so long since I have played Civ1 I don't recall the differences, but I liked Civ2 more. My preferred strategy is to take a non-aggression policy. this is not to be confused with a passive policy.

I try to get technology as fast as I can. Statue of Liberty and the UN are a must and the spy is my favorite weapon. I have a military of sufficient size and advancement to protect myself.

Once enough railroads are built, I develop a rapid deployment force. Then if another country attacks, I open a can of whoop-a$$ on them. I can usually capture a city or two before they bid for pease and the Senate signs a peace treaty behind my back.

Once a country is on my kaka list, I go to plan B. Remember my favorite weapon? I use spies to subvert enemy cities, afterall, I am opposed to war! Very Happy Subverting cities is expensive, but my technologically advanced society usually rakes in the cash too.

This plan usually works unless the Zulus are in the game. Damn I hate the Zulus.

A friend wanted to design a new military unit, a LCAC, it would be able to carry one or two units over a long distance, travel one space onshore, drop its load and leave. This would bring a larger force to bear on enemy cities. The weakness is the LCAC has very little defensive ability.
doublerdad
Powder Monkey

798 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 7:19 pm    Post subject: Easy one Reply with quote

Civ 2. Still the best strategy game ever. Civ 3 was OK, but not as exciting or addictive.

Just played a full Civ. 2 game again after a long break. Deity level, 7 civilizations, raging hordes. Conquered the world by 1951. Civ score of 198% was my all time high.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Other Games All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: