Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

WRECK!!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PiratesFan
Rigger

23509 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 9:13 pm    Post subject: WRECK!! Reply with quote

I was involved in a wreck where the drive of the motorcycle died... I am really still shooken up about this and may not be on as much as usual... I will fill in with details later.. I am ok except mentally right now... so I will come back when I am more stable in the mind.. its taking everything out of me to type this cause I can still see the wreck so vivdly... Sad

I will be back as soon as I can and will catch up on everything as soon as possible.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
captainkidd78
Seaman

559 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 10:22 pm    Post subject: We will say a prayer in Port Royal Reply with quote

I'm sorry for the event you were just in. Two weeks ago, my wife's cousin (who is 11 years old) was run over by and SUV. He was helivac'd to one hospital, then another one. Well, I saw what happened to him and I cannot remove the image from my mind. He died later that night after 19 transfusions - he severed his aorta, broke his sternum, legs, ribs, was paralyzed from the waist down and broke his jaw off. He also lost his scalp...

Somehow though, he had a very peaceful expression on his face...After seeing that I reaffirmed my faith...

Our prayers are with you, and we shall drink a rum for your pain.
Butcher
Swabbie

335 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked

I'm sorry for what happened.
I haven't seen a bad accident, or been involved in one, I guess I've been lucky but I don't know how much longer it will last.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Sleet
Swabbie

920 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All the best PiratesFan & captainkidd78, taker easy and slow.

Hard times, but family and friends will bring you through.

Salute.
Goathead
Powder Monkey

576 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 3:33 pm    Post subject: Re: WRECK!! Reply with quote

PiratesFan wrote:
I was involved in a wreck where the drive of the motorcycle died... I am really still shooken up about this and may not be on as much as usual... I will fill in with details later.. I am ok except mentally right now....

I'm hoping you get back in the saddle ASAP Wink
Oddly enough Pirates and scoots go together ... after my big bike accident spent the next two years playing the original Pirates (I couldn't walk).

So matey, shrug-it-off, shit happens. You only live once, squeeze it for all you can Wink

just passin' thru .................o~\o
Jonny Graybeard
Swabbie

3924 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys have been through alot. I have been through similar instances earler when I was in the Forces. I have lost a pile of good friends and buddys. Some of which were best friends. Eventully we will mostlickly go through a devistating loss{ my parents are both gone} We will overcome and get back to a semblance of normalancy. As they say life does go on as wetake one step at a time......................

All the best PiratesFan & captainkidd78

JONNY G
Angel
Seaman

1757 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG, PF! I'm so sorry! I know this is late in coming - but I hope you can find a way to put it behind you in some way, and get through it all. Sad (((HUGS)))
PiratesFan
Rigger

23509 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me getting on here is a good start... I still have Traffic court and then if they are suing us Civil Court... they have up to 3 years to sue... so the next 3 years if they don't settle with the insurance compnay they have the right to sue.... grrr with stupid laws... Laws don't take count that I couldn't see the motorcycle from my point of view so there is no way to see him... oh well ..we wait to see what happens and still haven't got my truck back
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Angel
Seaman

1757 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's just crazy. Sad Have you talked to a lawyer yet? You should get photos taken of where you were and pointing to where the motorcycle was - so you can document that you couldn't see, etc. I have a friend this happened to - and the pictures are what really helped her case.

Anyway - just hoping you're ok, and that this gets settled ASAP - hoping they just settle and no suing. Sad
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: