Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

How to make Avatar appear?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tunch Khan
Powder Monkey

218 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 11:05 pm    Post subject: How to make Avatar appear? Reply with quote

Can anyone please help me with my avatar? I clicked on avatar options and selected the one i like, but it doesn't show here. What do i have to do?
Howie
Helmsman

45890 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 12:24 am    Post subject: Re: How to make Avatar appear? Reply with quote

Tunch Khan wrote:
Can anyone please help me with my avatar? I clicked on avatar options and selected the one i like, but it doesn't show here. What do i have to do?

Hi Tunch Khan. Welcome to Hooked on Pirates. Go into the shop and find the Vanity shop section. Buy the avatar privilege and you will be set to go. You can then use one of the stock avatars, the nul avatar or you can link to an outside avatar. Good luck. Let me know if I can be of further help... Again welcome to HoP...

P.S. If you chose the Nul avatar (The little Pirate like I have) you can't change it to something other then the pirate.
Powder Monkey

218 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Done... thnx Smile now i need to buy some more stuff...
Howie
Helmsman

45890 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tunch Khan wrote:
Done... thnx Smile now i need to buy some more stuff...

The nul avatar is fun Tunch Khan. We have had much fun with it here in the forums. good choice! Thumbs Up
Powder Monkey

218 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just wish there was a way we could just modify our appearence in the game as easy as this.
Howie
Helmsman

45890 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tunch Khan wrote:
I just wish there was a way we could just modify our appearence in the game as easy as this.

Check out the Mod section we have here Tunch Khan. There are some people here that have made it a career to mod this game. We have K-Bobs mods featured here which is the best any where on the net. Check out the Mod forum. There is much info there on modding the game.

PS. Put your cutlass in your pirates hand... Smile
Powder Monkey

218 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh i already did. And i have even made some barbary and ottoman flags available. But what does the mod you mentioned make?
Howie
Helmsman

45890 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tunch Khan wrote:
Oh i already did. And i have even made some barbary and ottoman flags available. But what does the mod you mentioned make?

K-Bob has done many different mods. He has some that change the appearance of the governor's daughters. They have different dresses on. He has different ship sail types, flags. You name it and K-Bob has it in a mod. You can get there by going to the main page where you log in. There is a place for you to click on under the log in area. Check it out. Theres a lot of good stuff there.
Powder Monkey

218 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know the mod section, and i said i already have a flags pack there already. But i was hoping for a more conclusive mod that includes player character changes. I have seen black vest, armor, pants and some red/blond hair models, but it would be nice if someone made the long jacket (with different color options) available so i would look like my avatar here in the game, during sword fights etc.
SlipperyJim
Cutthroat

2045 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tunch, the problem is that the game only offers limited modding ability. We can create new "skins" for the various people & objects, but the 3D forms underneath are (so far) un-moddable.

In other words, we can change the color of the PC's clothing, add patterns and so forth, but we can't change the shape. Therefore, a long coat probably isn't going to happen.

What? Oh, NOW I get it....
Tunch Khan
Powder Monkey

218 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, i understand. It's kinda sad, i wish the original game offered such features. When you think about it, it's not hard at all for game programmers to add it, since they already have many different characters and various clothing. But i guess they will just wait to add it in an expansion pack which we'll be required to pay more. *sigh
Howie
Helmsman

45890 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SlipperyJim wrote:
Tunch, the problem is that the game only offers limited modding ability. We can create new "skins" for the various people & objects, but the 3D forms underneath are (so far) un-moddable.

In other words, we can change the color of the PC's clothing, add patterns and so forth, but we can't change the shape. Therefore, a long coat probably isn't going to happen.

Well said Slippery. Thank you for clearing this up for us... Thumbs Up
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: