Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

Moral of Crew
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MadTaz90
Powder Monkey

181 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 8:51 am    Post subject: Moral of Crew Reply with quote

Okay I know that here are many Threads about that
and evrybody said it's a fact of Gold to hold them happy.

But could it be that with the Last Patch 1.02 something changed?
I play the german version

I have 120man and 150k Gold. so i am over the magic 1k/member.

But when i take a long ride f.e. from Florida Keys -> Coro and i'm not plundering any ship the moral of my member goes down..

If i do the same but plundering ship that i meet on my way
the moral stays at normal.

I tested it 4 times - way form Florida Key to Coro and back.

could it be that they changed something with it?
Is it now a must to plunder ships and towns?

what i recognize secondly is that when you plunder a town (without bombing it before) you can raise the moral of your crew extremly.
My crew went form poor to happy afer plundering a town and i got only 8k of gold ( that time i had around 150 men and 55k gold)

So did anyone else have the feeling of changes in what he moral depends on?

cu
MadTaz90
Mooncusser
Powder Monkey

1572 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think anything changed in the last patch.

Keep a few things in mind about the 1,000 number -

1) 1,000 gold per crew will only keep them Unhappy - not Content or Happy. TO keep them Content, you need about 2,000 per crew and to keep them Happy you will need about 3,000 per crew. (You can find the exact numbers if you search earlier threads.)

2) What level game are you playing? The captain gets a varying cut of the gold depending on the level. If you are playing on Rogue, then the captain gets a 30% cut - and the crew figures this into their calculations of happiness. (Example: If you have 150,000 gold and 120 crew while playing Rogue, then the captain's cut is 30%, or 45,000, leaving 105,000 for the crew. This means 875 per crew member - less than the 1000 minimum for "Unhappy".)

3) Also, consider the effects of time. Initially, the crew is usually happy, even though you have virtually no gold. Overe time it gets harder to please them. The 1,000 per crew minimum for "Unhappy" assumes you have been sailing for a while. If you just started with a new crew, it may take a while before you need that much gold per crew.

As for taking towns, check and see how many crew you started with and ended with. If you have fewer crew after the attack, then you get to spread that gold out among fewer people, making them potentially happier about their cut after the battle.
MadTaz90
Powder Monkey

181 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i am playing on the second level.

sailing time is around 5 years. and it was possible to keep them happy as long as i plunder every ship that seams to have enough on board.
so the crew stayed happy.

when i take the first ride from coro to florida keys i didn't engage any ship and the moral of the crew goes down. that was after 2 year game time.
i had to sail back to coro (family is around coro) and moral gone down more.

by the next trip, meanwhile moral was at unhappy, i started enganging every ship that comes close engough to fight.
Normaly i use the demast tactic to enter a ship and with a brig or a brig of war the lost of crew member is not that much. maybe 5 get lost in battel.
so the raising amount of gold per member is not that much to change their moral.
but fact is that afterwards when i arrived in florida key the moral of my crew had gone up to normal. but i was only raising my gold for about 10k.
so it's about 70 per member more. witch means at that time an amount of
about 470 gold/member. def not enough to hold them in normal mude after 3 years of sailing around (i do not owned any moral item or officer at that time)
Doing the trip back to coro i encounter again all ship for even 10k more gold. but the mude goes up to happy (70k gold 120 men) still not enough
to reach the 1k for hold them at unhappy. but they stay at normal all the time.

Arrive at coro and engage the town south of coro:

after engaging that town. 120pirates against 100 army men i was left with 110 pirates and plunder 8300 gold.

if i now calculte that at lvl 2 the captain gets (i think ) 5% of gold
78300 gold - 5% = 74385 for the crew /110 = 675 gold/member

That's not enough. but they still stay at normal moral.

as long as i keep engaging ships the moral do not goes down from normal
so when i read all threads about moral, and belive i done it, the patch
must change something with it.

and when you take a loo in the patch discription at fireaxis they wrote
-Crewmen desert the fleet after going too long without food or plunder.

so something was changed i think.

futher more i recocnize that when i have a crew of around 120men
with 2 ships and f.e. moral is at normal and you capture more ships and must dived your crew to sail all the ships let say 2 or 3 more
the moral will go down. but after selling thease ship in the next town
the moral will go up to the point where it was befor capturing the ships.
try it. i think it's happen when you reach 25-35% of max crew.
i have seen it more than onetime.

so i think i wrot enough.
hope anybody give it a try and can confirm what happend to me

cu
MadTaz
Mooncusser
Powder Monkey

1572 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting.

Maybe something has changed. It sounds like there may now be some sort of "aging" on your last "income event" - whether that was a ship or town attack. If it has been a while sine you last had an "income event", then maybe the AI decreases your morale.

I wonder how this works with the 1,000 gold target?
MadTaz90
Powder Monkey

181 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's easy
They don't leave your ship
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Life at Sea All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: