Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

Behold proof of how mankind IS silly!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GreyFox
Swabbie

663 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 4:50 pm    Post subject: Behold proof of how mankind IS silly! Reply with quote

Here's a list I found of stupid labels.
I had seen this long before,decided to show it to you.

1.On a lawnmower I had was a big label which read:
"WARNING WHEN MOTOR IS RUNNING- THE BLADE IS TURNING!"

1.We once bought a grocery store pizza and the instruction were on the bottom, so we turned it upside down to see how long to cook it etc., and low and behold the first instruction was DO NOT TURN UPSIDE DOWN!

3.Warning on a curling iron: Do Not Insert Curling Iron Into Any Bodily Orifice…

4.My bathroom has inadequate ventilation and therefore, develops mold spots in the lower corners. I attempted to purchase a cleaner specifically designed to remove bathroom mold deposits. The directions on the product label stated, "Only use in well ventilated areas."

5.Seen on the bottom of a Coca-Cola bottle: "Do not open here."

6.On a bottle of spray paint: "Do not spray in your face."

7.On a bottle of bathtub cleaner: For best results, start with clean bathtub before use.

8.On a container of lighter fluid: WARNING: Contents flammable!

9.On a bottle of hand lotion: Warning: Starts healing skin on contact.

10.On a box of household nails: CAUTION! - Do NOT swallow nails! May cause irritation!

11.Microwave popcorn is packaged so that the directions cannot be read unless you open the plastic and unfold it. Direction #1 is Remove plastic.

12.On a television commercial that says it cleans dentures 4 times better. Below in small print it said "Lab test: (their product) vs. water.

13.On a television commercial I saw it said they their denture paste was better than any other. BELOW IT, it said in small letters, vs. using no adhesive.

14.I have a full-face motorcycle helmet with a giant arrow pointing to the front. I can only guess that some idiot put the helmet on backwards, jumped on a bike and hurt himself. This is to protect to manufacturer from future lawsuits.

15.One day I went to a wall-mart out of state and I went to buy a blow dryer when I read the warnings it said "DO NOT BLOW DRY IN SLEEP"

16.Seen on the back of a drink bottle label: "Do not peel label off."

17.On a Band-Aid box: "For serious injuries, seek medical attention."

18.On a can of powdered infant formula: "Mix with water before serving." Like I'm going to spoon it to my baby dry!

19.This stupid label was found on a can of Woolite carpet cleaner: "Safe for carpets, too!"

20.This label was found on the BOTTOM of a box of glass ornaments: "Do not turn upside down."

21.On a box of Frosted Cheerio's, the logo, "Tastes so good this box never closes," is located just underneath another announcement: "To close: place tab here."

22.On a plastic orange juice can: "100% pure all-natural fresh-squeezed orange juice from concentrate."

23.I once saw an ad for some type of contest on a candy bar. The wrapper said "No purchase necessary - Details Inside."

24.Directions for eating Lunchables Nachos: Dip chips in cheese and salsa.

25.The golf carts on the course I worked at have warning labels saying, "Not for highway use."

26.On Clorox Fresh Care: (for cleaning out odors from fabric) "Safe to use in households with pets Warning: Fresh Care is NOT intended to be sprayed directly on pets."

27.While working at a large medical center in the Midwest, a construction worker was admitted with a large hammer sticking out of his head. Seems he was in an altercation with another gentleman. On the side of the hammer were the words, 'Use protective eyewear.'

28.On the back of the Pilots seat on NATO AWAC Aircraft (E-3A), is a sign that states: "Seat must be facing forward for take off and landing."

29.I came upon a bottle of children's cough medicine stating "Caution: May cause drowsiness; do not drive or operate heavy machinery"

30.On the label of Sterno is a warning that says, "Do not use near fire or flame." Check it out!

31.Seen on a container of salt:
Warning: High in sodium

32.Seen on computer instructions: Visit our site for further instructions. http://www.pc.com/pc/instructions.htm

33.On a hose nozzle there was a warning that said: "Do not spray into electrical outlet."

34.Seen on an industrial size washer in our local laundry establishment was the (large lettered) sign: "Warning: Do not put any person in this washer."

35.There is also a stroller on the market with the warning, "Remove child before folding."

36.I saw a car ad depicting cars driving in the water with fins like sharks. At the end of the ad in small letters it read: "Caution, do not drive underwater"

37.On christmas tree decorations:
"For indoor and outdoor use only."
I wonder where else I could use them?
WhiteHawk
Swabbie

140 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL!!!

And the Computer Instructions webpage doesn't even work. =P
Yeah, I had seen one of these lists before but this one was huge.
Indeed, there are some very stupid things. I would not want to post one myself, but anybody else finds any other examples, I think it would be appropriate to post them here. Wink
kvollmer
Cutthroat

6103 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 8:59 pm    Post subject: see Reply with quote

Did you actually see these labels or did you just read about them. If you just read about them there is a good chance some of them or all of them are a complete fabrication.

Kirk Vollmer
Don't ever call me Captain Kirk.
Valparaiso University Alumni; Class of 2004
GreyFox
Swabbie

663 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uh...that wasn't meant to be a link in the first place Smile
Yes,I had this short funny one,where I got the last one from,for example,but I couldn't find to show ya,so I found this one,added the ones I remembered,and made up the list.
Let me see if I can find the damn list again...

Oh,I found it!In a different website,though,so I think some parts are missing,but here it is:

"In case you needed further proof that the human race is doomed through stupidity, here are some actual label instructions on consumer goods.

On a Sear's hairdryer:
....Do not use while sleeping.
(darn, and that's the only time I have to work on my hair.)

On a bag of Fritos:
....You could be a winner! No purchase necessary. Details inside.
(the shoplifter special?)

On a bar of Dial soap:
"Directions: Use like regular soap."
(and that would be how???....)

On some Swanson frozen dinners:
"Serving suggestion: Defrost."
(but, it's "just" a suggestion.)

Tesco's Tiramisu dessert (printed on bottom):
"Do not turn upside down."
(well...duh, a bit late, huh?)

On Marks & Spencer Bread Pudding:
"Product will be hot after heating."
(...and you thought????...)

On packaging for a Rowenta iron:
"Do not iron clothes on body."
(but wouldn't this save me more time?)

On Boot's Children Cough Medicine:
"Do not drive a car or operate machinery after taking this medication."
(We could do a lot to reduce the rate of construction accidents if we could just get those 5-year-olds with head-colds off those forklifts.)

On Nytol Sleep Aid:
"Warning: May cause drowsiness."
(and...I'm taking this because???....)

On most brands of Christmas lights:
"For indoor or outdoor use only."
(as opposed to...what?)

On a Japanese food processor:
"Not to be used for the other use."
(Now, somebody out there, help me on this. I'm a bit curious.)

On Sainsbury's peanuts:
"Warning: contains nuts."
(talk about a news flash)

On an American Airlines packet of nuts:
"Instructions: open packet, eat nuts."
(Step 3: maybe, uh...fly Delta?)

On a child's superman costume:
"Wearing of this garment does not enable you to fly."
(I don't blame the company. I blame the parents for this one.)

On a Swedish chainsaw:
"Do not attempt to stop chain with your hands or genitals."
(Oh my God...was there a lot of this happening somewhere?)"
TheDon
Rigger

16718 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As usual, these things get changed as time goes on. Sort of like word of mouth. It never ends up the day it starts. By the way, the one about stopping the chainsaw... the actual notice did not mention genitals... just hands.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
GreyFox
Swabbie

663 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And yet you have to admit it's fun.
TheSpanishRenegade
Cutthroat

1674 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fun it may be, but at the same time you have got to think about people like the woman who wanted to dry her hamster in the microwave. She sued the manufracturer because the manual didn't say that you were not supposed to put animals in the microwave. And the best part of the story is that she won the case and got a ludicous amount of money (for being an utter moron).
And that is why you have all this funny warnings everywhere nowadays.
GreyFox
Swabbie

663 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes,some people are so stupid nowadays,the poor guys have to do think of everything so they won't get sued.They could just make a site saying all the things you can't do and then place the link on all their items.
That way they couldn't be sued for lack of information,and if the buyer didn't have a computer,that's his problem.
Alot like the:
"If your having any problems with connecting to the Internet,please visit our webpage:(...)"´
Smile
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: