Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

There's still Hope Headrock!!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rupertlittlebear
Helmsman

10381 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 7:54 pm    Post subject: There's still Hope Headrock!! Reply with quote

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11188277/?GT1=7756

Now to work on a new church!!
Note. See Headrock's choice of sail.
headrock
Rigger

354 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two questions.

A. How does the law define a sincere religion?

B. How does the law prove that one is or isn't a devout follower of anything, therefore MUST be allowed have that which is outlawed for everybody else?

C. The problem isn't with answering A and B at all, it's really about making it legal for everybody. Freedom of an individual to do whatever they want at home as long as they're not harming anyone else is the key to civil rights and personal freedom which democratic governments fear like wildfire (Except the Swiss, although there are good reasons why it works there and nowhere else). Yet neither your government nor mine will approach the issue from that angle. But, alas, even lobbying for something like it is like raising a flag that says "arrest me", it automatically makes groups that address the issue into criminal groups who are undermining the law and who have no right to affect government decisions.

And the war on drugs lives on.

Except for some happy natives in New Mexico who are having a wild ball right now. God damn those lucky bastards.

rupertlittlebear
Helmsman

10381 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"The Pixelated Church of the Happy Seekers"

Actually HR, the Supreme Court decision has a serious common english translation to it.
It clearly tells the DEA to get its head out of its A**!

Or would that be:
Get their collective Heads out of Bush's A**!
Luiz
Cutthroat

2182 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It has always been a rule on my boat .
Never discuss religion or politics !!! Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
kvollmer
Cutthroat

6103 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 5:41 pm    Post subject: headrock Reply with quote

The law is pretty open to interpretation on matters of religion. It doesn't take much to form your own religion and get your church tax except (if you know what your doing, which of course I do). The thing is how many laws are we willing to ignore for "freedom of religion".

Now the thing is no one thinks that we should ignore laws for religious practices but honestly most christian churchs ignore laws against underage drinking when serving communion to people under 21.

(Which reminds me of the time my friends and I where in college. I went to a Lutheran college and went to services there every sunday. We where thinking of pulling a prank and going to church and when communion was being served calling the campus police on our cell phone reporting underage drinking. Campus police where well known for aggressivly seeking out underage drinkers.)

What I think is more interesting is John Roberts ruling against the Bush administration. Just seeing that makes me think that you know the system just might work and that Chief Justice Roberts just might make a good independent justice.

Kirk Vollmer
Don't ever call me Captain Kirk.
Valparaiso University Alumni; Class of 2004
Airsaw
Rigger

3281 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meet my friend, Mescalito.

Free your mind and your ass will follow.
Cutthroat

2182 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep , a free world ! and we pirates reap the rewards ! Sailor
Matey...
Cutthroat

1083 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arr! Why do people care about those wierdy thingys? Very Happy

"How's it going to be Jack, are we going to be 2 immortals who batttle untill the Judgment Day, and the trumpets sound?"

"Or you could surrender!"

Very Happy
Airsaw
Rigger

3281 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matey... wrote:
Arr! Why do people care about those wierdy thingys? Very Happy
Ever stop to think you might be just a little weird to some people? You know what kills me about Americans? They think if there are aliens from more advanced worlds, these aliens would find Americans interesting enough to drop in and divulge all their techno secrets to save us from ourselves. Americans never stop to think maybe aliens already know we're here, and have us posted on their interstellar maps as "dangerous - avoid at all costs."

The tradition of using peyote from the mescal cactus, and other forms of it, such as this tea is far older than the Christian religion, the group that seems to think it has the corner on belief and...religion. Native Americans, when the white eyes arrived, viewed "us" as children. They thought we had an infantile understanding of earth and nature. Seems "we" have proved them correct by destroying nature for the sake of what WE think is "advanced". Who's weird?
Cutthroat

2182 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I totaly agree with Airsaw.
Yes, It's not what people are but what their government brainwashes their people with . What kids get taught at school .
I had to give a speak once at the University of Götingen in Germany about freedom in other continents.
The majority only get their rights when invaded, stripped of all they beliefs and values and made a minority. The red indians , the amazon indians, the aboriginees just for a start.
Like I said before , Religion and politics is a no go zone for me, but , sometimes , people push me over the edge enough.
We must learn to respect , no matter what . Once a friendship is established then a discussion can be easy .
We are all trying to play a game and learn from one another. Some are slower in getting it than others. We are all gifted in our own way . In different fields .
Lets be pirates . that is what we do best Wink Sailor
headrock
Rigger

354 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Airsaw, you know Judaism is one of the oldest (if not the oldest) religion still in practice today, and I can tell you we are just as weird and as idiotic as anyone else. This whole species has some serious issues which must be resolved. If I were an alien being of some advanced race, I wouldn't mark this place as "Dangerous! Don't Enter!", I would probably mark it for demolition and build an intergalactic highway. Wink There's nothing wrong with human vanity, prejudice and callous disregard and disrespect towards anything strange; after all, that's what humans do best. All I'm saying is, while we chop the branch we're sitting on, at least let me do whatever I want to, so long as I'm not harming anyone else. What's simpler than that.

Howie
Helmsman

45890 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My religion is Pirates! Mainly because thats to only religion we're supposed to talk about here. Laughing Wink
Cutthroat

1083 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Ever stop to think you might be just a little weird to some people?

Aye! I do my best to not be, but it doesn't go so well, anyway, I see your point now. I didn't really get that first message, but I get it now, when you put it that way. I'm no american though. You can't blame me for being one. Or maybe, you don't. Anyway, I see yer point now. It might kill someone. Death is an natural thing, but, a not-so-friendly thing for most of us.

"How's it going to be Jack, are we going to be 2 immortals who batttle untill the Judgment Day, and the trumpets sound?"

Very Happy
Starry
Seaman

194 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh heh if I was only wierd to SOME people, I wouldn't be very happy at all Crying or Very sad

(sorry for the necromancy)
Matey...
Cutthroat

1083 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually like to be wierd. Very Happy

It's unique to be wierd, to be her/himself

Very Happy
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: