Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

The Governor's bad day gets worse
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Comrade Robot
Powder Monkey

1071 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 6:36 pm    Post subject: The Governor's bad day gets worse Reply with quote

Tell me what you think, and yes I do believe that I switch tenses at one point. Just something I came up with on the fly so, enjoy maybe.

Having just been chewed out by an Emissary of The Crown, Gov. Williams walks somberly within his garden. He smiles slightly as he sees his daughter and her husband, the two were newly weds as they were married only days ago. As the two were going to meet the sullen governor a loud shriek pierced the air.

"Oh god not 'im agin! Get the--" cried a voice before it was cut off.

"Mr. Williams take Maria and hide her before he--"

It was to late though for the fiendish buccaneers were breaching the gates. A man dressed in a patchwork of clothes, red, blue and black mainly, stepped through the gate of the manor, which was being demolished with the utmost of haste. Jean, Maria's husband was conviently enough the captain of the guard at Port Foile, drew a rapier and readied himself for the Captain.

"Pah! I'll not waste my time on some dog! Stand down before I sit you myself boy." said the Captain in an angered tone.

Before Jean could respond the Captain order one of his men to shoot him in the knee. It took a moment for the pain to register but when it did Jean wept, wept like a man child. The Captain slowly stepped over and spat on the quivering mass. He snapped the overly decorated rapier. It would have been about as effective as a rotted twig. He turned his eyes on the governor and his daughter who as of this moment are surrounded and stricken with fear.

"Mr. Carver please spare us, I will give you gold or my eldest daughter Veronica." sputtered the worthless governor.

"Bargain with your own daughter eh? Well my friend I think I will stick to the plan of burning this lowly port to the ground and doing away with its noble blight. That includes you governor. Besides if I wanted one of your filthy daughters I could find one at a house of ill repute." stated Captain Edward Carver.

The young Maria, a looker to say the least, was weeping and with this hurtful comment started to shed tears even more. The crew kept spewing insults at her but knew better than to touch her. They were professionals. Captain Carver abruptly slid his cutlass out and demanded the governor stand. Jean was incapacitated to say the least.

-To be continued-
Comrade Robot
Powder Monkey

1071 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha I see how well it went over! Well, prepare for another installment of sub par swordsman, doltish daughters and angry Angles!

Chapter 2

Outside of the Port sat a woman covered in mud. As she was on her merry way back to her home in foil a pirate decided to rob her of her cart in which she carried goods. They left the horse but it isn't much of a horse. More like a large dog, except weaker. At this same moment our friend the Captain came strolling down the path. He was going through the motions with his broadsword, similar to one used by a rider of the time. As he came upon her their eyes locked. His eyes widened, as if one saw a demon or sinking treasure. The woman stared with her dark eyes at Edward. She then dash at him and struck him in betwixt the legs. The vicious pirate keeled over and began to sob gently.

"You lout! Thinkin' just cause me boat got sunk you can leave without me. God Edward I am your wife! You doggish--" as she continued her tirate the confused sea dog mustered up the courage to speak.

"I, I, I came back for ye--" he was cut off by the point of a rapier in his face.

"You burned the damned city and shot the husband of the governors daughter again! At least he was able to be consoled by his spouse! I look for you and *poof*" she rattles the blade to emphasis the point " your gone! WHY!?" she screamed.

"I had to help Godfred and *cough* and had to fix the ship you harpy. Where were you hiding that?" he motioned weakly to her sword. This time she lowered it and calmed down. She embraced her husband who stood up by this time and apologize. Her clothes were caked with mud and so was her face. Carver sheathed his blade and then spun around. He told her to follow him back to the ship, as it was time to leave. Along the way she asked him why he came out to walk and also why the plot was so weak. He said he didn't know and for the latter question, 'Just a hack'. Curiously she stared at him with her deep brown eyes but they walked. The homless nobles of Port Foile were now being faced with the hungry many, unluckily for them the pirates were leaving and orderly disorder would be lost.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> The Circle of Pirates All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: