Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

Montalbans Hideout
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Orienteering Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ferrari333SP
Powder Monkey

129 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok I found it now. Had to go on the opposite side of the coast. Only two requirments left now are to marry a governor's daughter(going after an English one), and to sack all the cities. I'm at 53% right now, so doing the cities is going to take me a while. Anybody know a good strategy to marrying the daughters? Is it to dance really well or what?
Roland
Helmsman

22541 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ferrari333SP wrote:
Anybody know a good strategy to marrying the daughters? Is it to dance really well or what?

You just need to visit her city repeatedly and visit the governor each time to play the romance subplot all the way through. With each visit you can move one step forward in the romance subplot:

1. Successful first dance.
2. Gift - ruby ring.
3. Warned that jealous fiance wants to duel you.
4. Defeat jealous fiance in sword fight (you can do this in the same port visit that you receive the warning - just return to the governor's office).
5. Successful second dance.
6. Rescue her from Mendoza.
7. Return her to her home city.
8. Marry her.

You earn one fame point for each step. You get one additional fame point if she is attractive and two if she is beautiful. But beautiful daughters are harder to satisfy on the dance floor and their fiances are tougher to defeat.
Ferrari333SP
Powder Monkey

129 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks man thats really helpful. I thought it was something like that list. Definately going to try it once I wake up.

One thing I was working on tonight for several hours though was sacking all the cities. I'm at 63% right now I believe, but there are some cities that won't let me change the nationality even if I successfully sack it, like Port de Peioux. I'll sack it, click the A button(I'm using Xbox), and then it'll show how much gold I plundered from the city. I'll press A again, expecting it to show a list of having an English, Dutch, Spanish, etc. lord to be put in place, but instead, it goes back to the menu, and the city of still French. I went back, shot at the city, and sacked it again sucessfully, but the same thing happened. Would you know why? I think this is the only city this is happening to.
Gmatt
Swabbie

403 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try killing off more of there troops so your victory is more desiscive? They people need to feel the orignial owner is no good, and can't defend them at all..
Captain2
Walking the plank

112 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldnt be in such a rush to get to his hideout :p

it took me four tries to finally beat him, the main reason i'm so hard on the spanish

if you got thrown off a building three times you'd hate your enemies nationality too :p
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Orienteering All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: