Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

Best ship to use in Shipbattles?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Life at Sea Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sultan
Powder Monkey

318 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Royal Sloop when im young and in good health since ever gold coin counts then and your not getting free repairs. War Brig when im old so I can just tear the sails off ships and not have to swordfight any more. With the free repairs with high rank who cares how badly I beat on a ship as long as I dont have to swordfight.
Sen-Dog
Powder Monkey

459 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would say it depends what style you prefer to play, and also the difficulty you're playing on. As mentioned before, the small ships are good for dodging shots and slowly wearing down enemy ships, but if you prefer to go pound for pound then the bigger the better.

Keep in mind a full volley from a medium ship on swashbuckler will destroy your pinnace/sloop or at the very least cause some very severe damage, whereas on the easiest difficulty, your ship seems seem to be near invincible.
captainkidd78
Seaman

559 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best ship is brig of war or royal sloop. Brig of war is a larger ship, carrying 28 cannon and with very good speed.

The royal sloop and sloop of war is very quick, with enough firepower to hold off anyone, except perhaps ship of the line. I got hit with one broadside that wiped out my crew and disabled my ship in a royal sloop
luckybaer66
Swabbie

1282 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't played a lot yet, but there is definitely something to be said about the Sloop family of vessels.

It is nimble enough to move around and avoid damage while at the same time getting it into a position to fire a damaging shot.

I know that there are some skilled folks out there that could use a fully loaded frigate to knock just about anything out of the water, but so far, I've found the sloops easiest to use.

Sloop = boxer

Frigate = slugger

The plusses of the Sloop (agility, speed) outweight the minuses (fewer canon, smaller crew) for me. I can float like a butterfly and sting like a bee until I've got the bigger ship dead in the water and I can start launching grape shot to cut the crew down to a manageable size.
Vid: BFG Nvidia GeForce 6800GT OC
HD: 2x160 GB Seagate Barracuda
CD/DVD: Sony
Case: Antec Performance 1 Series
PSU: Antec NeoPower 480
Monitor: Samsung 712N
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Life at Sea All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: