Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

Isabella and Cutiepie
View previous topic :: View next topic  
captainkidd78
Seaman

559 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 2:13 pm    Post subject: Isabella and Cutiepie Reply with quote

12 March 1640

London, England: 2:24 AM

Royal guard Daniel James awoke in his barracks to the sounds of gunfire and shouting. The men in his regiment were highly trained soldiers who served none other than the King of England. After waking up, the Guard put on their jackets and hats and fixed bayonets as they passed through the doorway. The first group of guards out of the barracks would load up their muskets, while the second group would pursue the enemy with their bayonets. Daniel James led the first group through the fields around the barrack and saw their enemy in sight only a few meters away. The enemy turned around and drew their weapons. He guardsmen stopped and began screaming at the men to put down their arms, but the enemy was not fooled for one moment. One among them had been a royal guard, and knew that the weapons the first group carried were unable to fire. Daniel James saw the pirates raise their weapons, concentrating a huge volley of fire into the guards. James went down with a piece of shot in his leg, while 3 others were killed in the action. The pirates left the gate and ran full steam into the surrounding wood.

Daniel James awoke the next day to hear the horrible news. The future queen, Isabella, was kidnapped in her own palace. Her whereabouts were unknown, but the surviving eyewitnesses determined that their scruff, smelly, and tanned appearance were a result of "pyrating on the Spanish Main." James, who felt a huge amount of failure for the kidnapping, resigned from service - rather than face a discharge of dishonour.

James packed his bags and walked to Wapping to find a ship that would take him to the Caribbean. He was on a mission to get the queen back, no matter what the risks. He approached a tall, charming fellow who was ordering some crew to clean up the deck.

"Captain, may I ask for passage to Nassau or Port Royal? I will join your crew for nothing but shelter and food. I will work hard for you and will be forever indebted if you allow me on the ship for the passage," began James.

"Are you in trouble with the law? Why are you so intent to travel so far away?," asked the captain.

"I must save the future Queen of England," replied James.

The Captain began laughing, but then looked hard at the land-lubber before him. The man was not lying, and the two began talking of the horrible news concerning Isabelle.

"You are granted passage aboard this ship, but we are not going to Nassau or Port Royal, we are going to Martinique to talk with someone who must know this information," replied the Captain, ordering the men to get underway.

As the ship reached the outskirts of London, Captain Pires looked solemnly and with sadness at the metropolis.
captainkidd78
Seaman

559 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1 June 1640

Martinique, French Colonial City

The Isabella sailed into port during a driving Caribbean rain shower. A courier was sent forward into Martinique to get the captain of the ship. Captain Pires enjoyed his moment in the captain's chair, but found his true role as the first mate on board the ship under Captain Cutiepie Jones. Jones had decided to take some time off from the sea to relax in the sun and get his Sugar Cane Juice business started. Looking to the south, Pires spotted the newly constructed Fort-de-France, which was the latest fort to pop up in the Caribbean.

Cutiepie Jones was sitting down in his small home, drinking limeade, when a knock came at the door. The courier let Jones know of the ships arrival, and Jones put on his coat and cap. The walk to the the dock was about three miles, but in the pouring rain, this could be a very dangerous proposition. His home was on the outskirts of the capital of Martinique, Saint-Pierre. The city was very festive, called "the little Paris of the West Indies." The location was beautiful, with a vibrant night-life, and the city was filled with beautiful women.

Pires met Jones on Front Street, and the look that Pires wore disturbed Jones very much.

"What is wrong dear Pires?," asked Captain Jones.

"Isabella, your love, has been kidnapped from London. Those who took her are of OUR origin," replied Pires, "We took aboard a Royal Guard who witnessed the attack. He wishes to find his future queen."

A look of pain went across the face of Jones. The woman he had loved, that he lost, that he regained, and then lost again was gone once more. He attempted to find meaning to his soul. He had many women since Isabella, but none had been able to truly fill the gap in his heart. He awoke many nights in a sweat, screaming out the name of his lost love. It kept many of his lady friends away after awhile. The only time Jones found solace was when he spent "time" with someone with the same name. Therefore, he could get out of it without much fuss.

"We must find her Pires," Jones said, "Prepare the ship and send out for our contacts. We must find Isabella..."

Pires watched with an infinite sadness as Jones disappeared into the rain.
captainkidd78
Seaman

559 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Isabella sailed under a starless night, reflecting Captain Jones intense sadness. Where had he gone wrong? Why did he not try harder to keep his love close to him? He knew that he had no real control over that decision. His life was spared thanks to Isabella, who in turn was set to marry the future king of all Britain. Lieutenant Pires, came above deck and asked Captain Jones where they were headed.

"We are headed to Cutlass Isle."

Pires fought back a slightly unnerved look and replied, "Are you sure sir? That be a tough island, filled with rogues and rascals and people of questionable morals."

This drew a slight smile from Jones. Although not always of the same ilk as your standard pirate, Jones knew what it was like to be chased by the government and how to fight without fighting fair.

"It will be fine, my dear Pires," replied Jones. "we shall be fine, as long as we can find some money on the isle. I am afraid we are quite low on funds."

Robert Pires closed his eyes and thought about the idea of stealing from pirates. What was Jones thinking and where did this sheer carelessness spring from?

"Land ho!," shouted the teetering sailor atop the crow's nest.
Fire Pirate
Powder Monkey

122 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy great story. Love it. Keep it up is all I can say. Aye
Cummerbund
Powder Monkey

78 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 4:44 am    Post subject: Robert Pires? Reply with quote

Are you a Gooner by any chance?
captainkidd78
Seaman

559 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will start writing again soon, too busy playing.

What is a Gooner? I looked it up and it has something to do with Football (Soccer in the US)...
Cummerbund
Powder Monkey

78 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 2:49 pm    Post subject: A Gooner is... Reply with quote

A Gooner is a fan of English Premier League football (soccer) club Arsenal.

The reason I asked is that one of their big-name players is Robert Pires. You used that name in your story. The player is French (as are a lot of the team, as it turns out).

http://www.arsenal.com/player.asp?PLID=3884&CLID=3&title=Player+profile+-+Robert+Pires&nav=Player+Files
captainkidd78
Seaman

559 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, I used to watch soccer (football) religiously, but I don't know Pires. Thanks!

Last player I remember is Ally Mccoist who was awesome on the early FIFA Playstation games.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> The Circle of Pirates All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: