Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

Fast Galleon question
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Swordeater
Seaman

2009 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 2:40 pm    Post subject: Fast Galleon question Reply with quote

So is the "fast galleon" actually faster than the other two galleons? I checked the pirateopedia, and it says that it's been redesigned to be faster. But so far I haven't noticed a difference against other ships (starting in 1680 with the Spanish) and I am yet to try it again against another galleon. Is it faster then, or is it just a joke?
Capt. Cannon
Cutthroat

151 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Fast Galleon question Reply with quote

Swordeater wrote:
So is the "fast galleon" actually faster than the other two galleons? I checked the pirateopedia, and it says that it's been redesigned to be faster. But so far I haven't noticed a difference against other ships (starting in 1680 with the Spanish) and I am yet to try it again against another galleon. Is it faster then, or is it just a joke?

The spanish want to feel like theyve accomplished something and made it faster.

So they call it FAST.

But it's still really slow.

Johnny Ringo- "This fight isn't with you"
Doc Holliday-"I bed to Diffuh."
(Tombstone)

http://www.fishnj.netfirms.com/

Capt. Cannon <((((((<
Dave the Knave
Rigger

22948 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
..."fast galleon"...?

Maybe it gets built more quickly, like the Liberty Ships during WWII? "Built by the mile and chopped off by the yard." (not really, but steel merchant ships being built in weeks, not months, is quite a feat.)

Or maybe it is quickly captured?- You know, like Fast Food is quickly made?

Maybe Captains of such ships fast lose their confidence in the big, unwieldy ships?

All right, I'll be serious for a moment, to answer a good question.

The Fast Galleon is fast- for a Galleon that is...because the regular Galleons are very slow, whereas the FGs are merely slow...their broadsides are pretty impressive though.
Blonde Pirate's Dad
Swabbie

3995 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I prefer the frigates. They seem to be good in battle, carrying plenty of cannons and pretty fast in maneuvering.
Anybody got a rag and a match?
Kaboom!!!
Swordeater
Seaman

2009 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So they're indeed faster? That's all I wanted to know, thanks. To be honest, the fast galleon is not an impressive thing. If I wanted something with 24 cannons and a boatload of crew (erm, pun intended?) I'd get a brig. Maybe if every galleon got +8 cannons... flag galleons with 48 cannons would actually be useful for sinking stuff.

Speaking of which, the fast galleon is here.

The Aberdonian
Cutthroat

9958 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 5:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Fast Galleon question Reply with quote

Capt. Cannon wrote:
Is it faster then, or is it just a joke?

You are right. It is just the name. Same as the Royale Sloop. Never found any kings on them.
Or with the War Canoe. Give it one full broadside and they are ready to make peace with you.

By the way, speaking about one full broadside to a War Canoe. Would it be possible to sink a ship with one single broadside if you have a good hit ? I never have big ships with many cannons but maybesomeone has tried that out. Would be cool.

The Aberdonian
Roland
Helmsman

22541 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Fast Galleon question Reply with quote

The Aberdonian wrote:
By the way, speaking about one full broadside to a War Canoe. Would it be possible to sink a ship with one single broadside if you have a good hit? I never have big ships with many cannons but maybe someone has tried that out. Would be cool.

I started a new game last night in honor of Talk Like a Pirate Day. It was still relatively early in the game, and my flagship was a sloop of war that was not fully upgraded (e.g., no iron scantlings). After defeating Raymondo, who was coming out of Maracaibo, I put in at a friendly Jesuit mission, where the abbot game me a lead on the next Raymondo, who was also in Maracaibo. My flagship had been slightly damaged by the first Raymondo, but I didn't think it was that bad. The second Raymondo hit me with one big broadside and sunk my flagship. Fortunately I had a back-up, which I used to take my revenge on the villain.
Capitan Incognito
Swabbie

435 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I myself see no significant difference in speed in those war galleon types... My mail runner can avoid being hit by those big turtles...
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Life at Sea All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: