Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

more historical european flags
View previous topic :: View next topic  
alpine
Powder Monkey

1120 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 4:41 am    Post subject: more historical european flags Reply with quote

Includes Spanish Netherlands, Spanish Galleon ensign, several French merchant ensigns, Spanish Royal banner. Most of these flags are correct for the Pirates! time period. I'm having trouble finding information on flags flown by Dutch merchants and navy during the 17th century. Anyone have any suggestions? The English seem to have been fairly plain, relying on the St. George cross, so the one included in the game seems to be historically accurate.

Also included are a couple of flags I forgot to include in my Historical American flag pack, Bunkerhill flag, and Boston Navy.

http://www.m98.org/pirates/historical_euro_flags.zip
Davos
Powder Monkey

301 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The English probably already used an early version of the Union Jack (the version of 1606) in this period. The Dutch used the same colors they use today except that the red stripe was orange at the beginning of the 17th century.
Fab
Swabbie

866 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Davos here already made a map pack that has historical flags for ships and also a different set of historical flags for the ports and towns. Check it out at http://cutlassisle.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=798.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Customization & Modding All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: