Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

Huge error meeting Montalban
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Heynman
Powder Monkey

205 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 9:53 pm    Post subject: Huge error meeting Montalban Reply with quote

I really put a lot of time into finding my 4 lost family members. After that i went for Montalban's hiding place. Since I only had about 150 soldiers to attack the indians, I used evasive tactics to get to the fort a number of times.

So then I enter the fort! Razz

Yay! Twisted Evil

Uhm... what's that...

Pirates! suddenly quits. Evil or Very Mad For no reason I guess. Never had any problems, except for I cannot finish this game now... Did others have this problem? I keeps on quittin' and quittin' ... I'd say this is an huge error.

Last edited by Heynman on Fri Dec 10, 2004 4:19 pm; edited 2 times in total
mkk
Powder Monkey

187 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't gotten there yet so I don't know what the game is supposed to show when you get there, but try updating the graphics drivers if you haven't done so recently. Just in case.
Wolfwood
Boatswain

33917 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've disovered Montalban's base and vanquished him, but I did so by decimating his army first. If this is a bug it takes place only if you try to sneak to the fortress without fighting the army first. As such, the bug should appear on every machine that similar manoeuvre is tried on. Can anyone make an experiment on this?

After you decimate the army, there should be a fight scene with Montalban himself. It should be pretty much the same as with normal fortress captains, so there should be no special requirements for the computer...
Heynman
Powder Monkey

205 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well after it didn't work for a few times I quit the game.

Today however I tried again and... it worked! Again I bypassed the massive numbers of indians with only 3 small groups of my own force. I entered the town and the Montalban-actionmovie was loaded. 3 swift hits with my rapier was all I needed to defeat him at the age of 45.

Dunno what was wrong, but it seems proven you don't have to defeat the indians to get to Montalban.
The Aberdonian
Cutthroat

9958 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wolfwood wrote:

... there should be a fight scene with Montalban himself. It should be pretty much the same as with normal fortress captains ...

not quite. first there comes a special scene - a small video - where he spots the medal which you are wearing, he recognises you and after that comes the swordfight with him.

The Aberdonian
Chuko
Cutthroat

3730 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, my most recent game, I was vastly outnumbered by the Indians, too bad for sending a sloop to do a frigates job... I managed to get to the gate, but I continued on to the cut scene and the duel... (and the jucy 100k that comes out of it!) have you tried it with a different Montaban hideout?

Status of Ships;
Sloop Syzer sunk, all hands presumed dead
Frigate Sezcka, 28 guns, 260 men
Sloop of War Aozora, 12 guns, 120 men
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Technical Issues All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: