Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

Got my first SOL
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SweetChastity
Powder Monkey

199 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:54 am    Post subject: Got my first SOL Reply with quote

I started playing a new game and St. Martin's and Eustatius were both Wealthy so I beat up on them hard and nothing was coming out as a New Warship (another game that started out with both wealthy pumped out a few New Warships but none of them were SOLs) so I got tired and set off towards Santiago to visit the Baron. On a tip from a waitress I headed south to intercept a plump merchant ship with lots of gold on her when a New Warship sailed up in my view. Turns out it was a SOL! Must have come from Curacao which was also wealthy. I still had my starter sloop so dodging the hail of cannon balls was easy (but man did it look scary coming at me) and I boarded her and threw the old Captain off the ship and took my prize Smile
Roland
Helmsman

22541 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations!
Rusty Edge
Rigger

2992 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool!
I'm glad you were able to do it!

It seems to me that they usually come from elsewhere when you're working the lesser Antilles.

Barbados, Port Royal, Curacao, one of the French settlements on Hispanola.

Are you using the Lady Pirate mod?
sparticus
Helmsman

44872 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 8:45 am    Post subject: Re: Got my first SOL Reply with quote

SweetChastity wrote:
I started playing a new game and St. Martin's and Eustatius were both Wealthy so I beat up on them hard and nothing was coming out as a New Warship (another game that started out with both wealthy pumped out a few New Warships but none of them were SOLs) so I got tired and set off towards Santiago to visit the Baron. On a tip from a waitress I headed south to intercept a plump merchant ship with lots of gold on her when a New Warship sailed up in my view. Turns out it was a SOL! Must have come from Curacao which was also wealthy. I still had my starter sloop so dodging the hail of cannon balls was easy (but man did it look scary coming at me) and I boarded her and threw the old Captain off the ship and took my prize Smile

Good Job - now go and make your entire fleet Bar 1 the same - make the last 1 a war canoe Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General Hints and strategies All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: