Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

ati radeon 9600, anyone else?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Technical Issues Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mkk
Powder Monkey

187 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Firaxis_Barry wrote:
That's actually the best way to run your card. I know it seems like you should turn everything on at the card, but it is always better to leave control of that stuff with the software.

While in the ideal case I definitely agree, what do we do when the software doesn't know what neither AF nor AA is? Playing any game without at least some AF and this game without AA in medium resolutions (like 1024) does not look very nice late 2004.

That said, the game runs perfectly fine with 16xAF and 4xAA on my Radeon 9800 using latest drivers, except that the intro movies go bad whenever AA is on. Not a real problem and should be easy enough to fix in a patch.
too_much
Powder Monkey

43 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be fair, I wouldn't base your entire opinion of ATi on one single card; a card that is utter utter shite. I have been more than pleased with my 9600pro for its entire "career" and I'm moving on to a 9800pro now they're cheap enough.
El Austriaco
Powder Monkey

447 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi

i know iam late, but i had some business in the carribean,
harr

in addition to my earlier posts (cause someone asked)
-> that card is an ati 9600 SE, the cheap sapphire

iam running the game on 800x600
water on high, everything else on very high
and trilinear filtering, shadows, etc. are ON

sneaking into town is fine on that level too

this game is just another confirmation that this gfx card is weakest link in my system

thus anti aliasing and AF are off in my options,

which does not hurt me when playing pirates, but i have to use another constellation when playing joint operations for example, because without antialiasing battlefield indonesia just turns into some kind of pudding contest
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Technical Issues All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: