Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

Beautiful Daughters Mod Complete
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Customization & Modding Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mandiuscreel
Seaman

3189 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 10:40 pm    Post subject: Beautiful Daughters Mod Complete Reply with quote

I'm spoiling you guys with two mods in one day...

They still don't have legs. That is going to take a lot of doing.

The mod just needs to be unzipped to your "custom" folder. It includes the basic textures modified for no sleeves, except the Dutch daughter. Texture d2 just doesn't look right with bare arms.

Download it here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lrgdkkqg1snqw7e/Beautiful%20Daughters%20Mod.zip?dl=0

Again, if anybody has problems with the mod, let me know.

Last edited by Mandiuscreel on Tue Feb 23, 2016 11:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
fleetp
Boatswain

36128 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll take a look!
Loknar
Powder Monkey

22 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just downloaded the mod. Great work, by the way. I have encountered one weird thing though. When I rescue one from Mendoza, she has these enormous biceps (presumably where the puffy sleeves should be). It's only during the rescue on the ship where the player kicks in the door. I have the "lost" NIF files in the custom folder with everything else. Other than that, everything looks great.

Any ideas?
Mandiuscreel
Seaman

3189 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try renaming the "Lost" Nifs as follows:

lost_daug_beautiful_1.nif to lost_daughter_beautiful_1.nif

and

lost_daug_beautiful_2.nif to lost_daughter_beautiful_2.nif

See if this solves the problem. I had been experimenting with the KFMs (animation manager files) to fix this problem, but I got sidetracked, and not all of them are complete.
Loknar
Powder Monkey

22 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brilliant! That was it. Thank you!
ronnraymore
Seaman

4823 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:37 pm    Post subject: Daughter Mods Reply with quote

I attempted to install the mod I downloaded but I cannot find the folder required in the instructions.

I am playing the 04-05 DVD Firaxis, 2K, Sold-Out.

When I go into the C drive and open the folders until I get to the functional level I cannot find a file that fits your description.

Is this intended for the DVD game or the STEAM gaming, and somehow different?

Thanks
Mandiuscreel
Seaman

3189 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Assuming you are using windows, the "custom" folder should be located here:

C:\Documents and Settings\[your username]\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Pirates!\custom

If it doesn't exist, you may have to create it.

I'm not familiar with your version of the game, but it should use the same file structure as the other versions.
ronnraymore
Seaman

4823 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 2:10 pm    Post subject: Custom Folder Reply with quote

Found it and dropped the files with good results...thanks matey
ronnraymore
Seaman

4823 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 4:19 pm    Post subject: Barmaid in straps used as daughter? Reply with quote

The barmaid wearing suspenders is really cute...would make a very hot daughter figure in hot pants and sheer black nylon stockings... just imagine.

Any chance this intrigues your creative genius?

I tried copying the barmaid, pasting it onto a daughter DDS, but the figures merged...not the way to go.
Captain Teague
Rigger

12207 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I downloaded this mod when this thread was active but never got around to trying it out. I did, and I like the result! Except... none of the women are wearing clothes anymore. What was the plan for that, and is said plan still in place?

Sure, we are pirates and normally we go for that sort of thing. But I have kids who play this game, so I cannot actually use the mod as-is.
ronnraymore
Seaman

4823 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 2:43 pm    Post subject: Flesh colored puffy sleeves problem Reply with quote

I too have found the puffy sleeves with flesh coloring (texture) a bit unsettling. Any chance a revision has corrected this issue? If so, I will download and replace the buggy files.

Thanks matey
fleetp
Boatswain

36128 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Captain Teague wrote:

I downloaded this mod when this thread was active but never got around to trying it out. I did, and I like the result! Except... none of the women are wearing clothes anymore. What was the plan for that, and is said plan still in place?

Sure, we are pirates and normally we go for that sort of thing. But I have kids who play this game, so I cannot actually use the mod as-is.

I have similar mods, and have them in a folder named x-custom.
When kids are not around I change the name to custom so I can enjoy playing the mods. When I'm finished with that game session, I'll change the folder name back to custom.
Captain Teague
Rigger

12207 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fleetp wrote:
Captain Teague wrote:

When kids are not around I change the name to custom so I can enjoy playing the mods. When I'm finished with that game session, I'll change the folder name back to custom.

That genuinely made me laugh! I like the idea, but the new NPC models are really neat! If they were clothed, I would love to keep them. That is why I asked if the mod is still being worked on or not.
Pirate
Helmsman

109759 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Captain Teague wrote:
fleetp wrote:
Captain Teague wrote:

That genuinely made me laugh! I like the idea, but the new NPC models are really neat! If they were clothed, I would love to keep them. That is why I asked if the mod is still being worked on or not.

I had been working on some girls textures. Had a PC crash and a host of other things going on but as far as my taste goes for the textures its kind of middle ground. that means modest is out the door and nude well that's ok but realistically how often do we run into woman in public wearing nothing? To me the nude is after you pay and the sexy, skimpy, or normal clad comes first. Meet a girl in shorts and a cut off shirt, bikini etc pay the barfine, take her upstairs, boom boom. I like my textures with cloths but not modest, it just feels more right this way to me.
Captain Teague
Rigger

12207 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pirate wrote:
Captain Teague wrote:
fleetp wrote:
Captain Teague wrote:

I had been working on some girls textures. Had a PC crash and a host of other things going on but as far as my taste goes for the textures its kind of middle ground. that means modest is out the door and nude well that's ok but realistically how often do we run into woman in public wearing nothing? To me the nude is after you pay and the sexy, skimpy, or normal clad comes first. Meet a girl in shorts and a cut off shirt, bikini etc pay the barfine, take her upstairs, boom boom. I like my textures with cloths but not modest, it just feels more right this way to me.

Aye, I get that. However, as I said, I have kids who play this. As cool as this mod is, it has to be appropriate. I suppose I will have to wait, as I have less than 0 skill or knowledge in such things.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Customization & Modding All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: