Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

WTF? TWO COPIES OF DISC 2, AND NO COPIES OF DISC 1?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bolitho
Powder Monkey

77 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2004 5:33 am    Post subject: WTF? TWO COPIES OF DISC 2, AND NO COPIES OF DISC 1? Reply with quote

OK, now what.

Wal-Mart is not accepting returns of opened software...even for a straight exchange.

As it stands now, this is a total waste, and I am deeply angry.

I cannot understand just how screwed a company must be to allow this to happen.

I have tech support tickets open to both Firaxis, and to Atari. So far, no response. The Atari website says to take the game back to the retailer, for missing or defective materials.

The retailer does not accept returns.

So...now what? Suggestions are welcome...up to and including the name and email address of anyone in the Atari/Firaxis chain of command.
Kiwegapa
Powder Monkey

515 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2004 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wal-Mart will nto accept a return on opened software, but they WILL perform an exchange for you and give you another copy of the same item if you turn in the one you have with all contents.

I know this, I work at Wal-Mart. Just bring it in and ask them for an exchange, explaining why your copy is defective. You should have no problem, and if you do, a manager will make sure you get your exchange done.

They do the same for games or movies which you receive only to find a disc scratched or broken.

Good luck, bolitho.
rupertlittlebear
Helmsman

10381 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2004 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kiwegapa wrote:
Wal-Mart will nto accept a return on opened software, but they WILL perform an exchange for you and give you another copy of the same item if you turn in the one you have with all contents.

I know this, I work at Wal-Mart. Just bring it in and ask them for an exchange, explaining why your copy is defective. You should have no problem, and if you do, a manager will make sure you get your exchange done.

They do the same for games or movies which you receive only to find a disc scratched or broken.

Good luck, bolitho.

Walmart hates public opinion.
If they give you a hard time and you feel you are in the right, ask for the phone number of the District Manager. If they refuse, warn them that you will take this problem to the press (TV, Newspaper)

They will fix the problem on the spot.

I used to work at Wally World too. They never really follow their posted policies (few managers can read), but they are scared silly of 3 things

1) Unions
2) Bad Press
3) District Manager
KingWilly
Rigger

9821 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2004 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, most stores are obliged to exchange defective goods - many don't like to give refunds, but will exchange the goods for another copy. I know many department stores would rather do this than have bad publicity.

AKA. Will Scarlett.
Rock
Cutthroat

7607 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolutly take it back!! And don't be timid about it! You spent your hard earned (I assume) money for it. I can't even count the times I've returned junk. Don't let them get away with this. You even have proof that you got screwed. How else would you have two copies of the same disk. Common sense. People that let stuff like this slide are the reason quality control sucks in the first place!!
Babrook
Powder Monkey

535 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, if Wal*Mart won't take it back, May I suggest cough*Lawsuit*cough

In all seriousness, I know it may sound dumb, but return it to atari and pay them 10 bucks, they'll send you a new one,even if it was thier fault, you gotta pay.
rupertlittlebear
Helmsman

10381 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Babrook wrote:
Well, if Wal*Mart won't take it back, May I suggest cough*Lawsuit*cough

In all seriousness, I know it may sound dumb, but return it to atari and pay them 10 bucks, they'll send you a new one,even if it was thier fault, you gotta pay.

Come now, this is Wal$Mart after all. Just suggest the **cough** option and they will give you your money back! They have records of doing this for stuff they haven't carried for over a year. They just hate the ANGRY customer.
Black Sam Cash
Powder Monkey

363 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="rupertlittlebear]They just hate the ANGRY customer.[/quote]

I worked in the Electronics department at Wal-Mart for an excruciatingly long six weeks. All you have to do is raise a little bit of hell. Go up the chain of command as far as you have to (you won't have to go past the Store Manager, btw as they are all scared s***less of the District Manager usually). You'll be fine.
bryce777
Gunner

652 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Legally they pretty much have to take it back regardless of their policies, but it can be a pain to fight it.

Just rememebr int he future...DONT SHOP AT WALMART.

They are a black hole of bad service not to mention they pay their employees garbage and are union busters.

I get my games from amazon mostly, and any time I have needed to return something it has been a breeze.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Technical Issues All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: