Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

Can ships be sunk outside ship-to-ship combat?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Captain Squid
Seaman

4360 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 10:58 pm    Post subject: Can ships be sunk outside ship-to-ship combat? Reply with quote

Can your flagship or any ships in your fleet be sunk by gunfire from forts or passing ships? There have been cases where I have taken several ships and am limping for a friendly port, prizes in tow, and have a pirate hunter buzzing after me. If my ship is damaged and my crew spread thin I really don't want to engage, but if my speed is reduced I can't shake him, so I wondered if just ignoring him was a safe option.
dalgo
Swabbie

668 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got a bit lazy with my sailing and dragged one of my fleet through some rocks. It already had hull damage and that was enough to sink it. However I don't think you can sink your flagship that way. I tried and could only get it up to 98% hull damage.
Vulture
Gunner

606 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The answer is yes, at least at the higher levels. My flagship was beat up so I swapped flagships. Dummy me, I did it in range of the forts guns and, glug, glug, glug, down went my old flagship with a connonball from the fort in its stern!! Evil or Very Mad

32 brightly polished cannons, a bottle o'rum, ahh..... a pirates life for me!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Life at Sea All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: