Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

Pirates! Dancing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
donhopper1
Powder Monkey

142 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 6:07 pm    Post subject: Pirates! Dancing Reply with quote

Are the instuctions in the spiral bound manual correct regarding which keys cause which movement responses? If so, I definitely have multiple left feet. Any suggestions, other than radical surgery?
Niedzwiedz
Swabbie

1236 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only key to dancing is practice. Let the ladies shake their plain to lovely little heads at you a thirty to fifty times and you will start figuring out the patterns they use. Once you start understanding how they dance, you will find your self dancing like the Dread Pirate Fred Astaire.

John Wesley Hardin
jparm3rd
Powder Monkey

968 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DonHopper1:

Ok.....dancing for most of us sucks...manual or no manual. Neidz is correct....its really just takes practice. More for some of us, like me. I recommend sticking with Apprentice difficulty and plain daughters until you get the hang of it. The icons to press show on the screen during the dance phase and this is much better than correlating the move with what you are seeing in the manual. I also cue on the daughter's hand movements once I associate the move to a key stroke. Once you associate the dance move with the key stroke, then its just a matter of learning to keep the beat/time. This correlates to the *best* time to hit the key that leads to a flourish, best represented by a little heart symbol and a fancy dance move between you and the daughter. As the heart get bigger, you are dancing better and impressing her, leading to a more satisfactory dance conclusion. Finally, I STRONGLY recommend getting the Calf boots and then the Dancing Slippers as soon as possible if you are having problems dancing. These shoes grant you a percentage chance that your keystroke will be interpretated as the correct stroke while dancing when you make an error, which is a huge advantage, especially during some of the more complex marches. Hope this helps!

Prince James.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: