Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

Too much info limited to succesful dancing ??
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you think gaining Inca map and Montalban info is too limited since it is only obtainable by dancing and relatives
Nay, it's a pirates lot in life to dance and romance
57%
 57%  [ 19 ]
Arrrrgh, Aye mate. Dancing's for land lubbers
42%
 42%  [ 14 ]
Total Votes : 33

Kristian95
Boatswain

4687 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 6:45 pm    Post subject: Too much info limited to succesful dancing ?? Reply with quote

I wonder how many of you will side with one of the two main options Smile

My personal opinion: I wish there are more ways of getting the different types of info than just the dancing Smile The dancing is fun, but it's just a limit to the game.... anyway let's hear your opinions Smile

Last edited by Kristian95 on Mon Feb 07, 2005 1:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
bryce777
Gunner

652 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just hate dancing and then having the SAME information given to me.

Drives me crazy.
Howie
Helmsman

45890 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with you 100% Kristian95
Boatswain

33917 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm surprised that the vote is favourable to dancing at the moment (3-1). I've read so much about how people hate it...

I voted for dancing as well. At first I hated it, but when I started to learn it a bit, I also started to enjoy it. I'm still not the best one out there, since I can hear the rhythm only in a couple of songs and the rest are just noise (although beautiful) to me...
It is much better to be armed with a sword that has two edges than with an estoc [...], which is nothing more than a stick with a point. (Rapier Master G. Morsicato Pallavicini, La Scherma Illustrata, p. 14.)
dhankskunk
Swabbie

350 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must cast my vote for dancing, mates. You've got to do what the ladies like in order to gain favor with them. This is one of the unchanging laws of the universe just like gravity.

The gravitational attraction between two bodies is directly proportional to their mass & indirectly proportional to the square of the distance between them.

similarly;

The romantic attraction between two bodies (wink, wink) is directly proportional to the size of the man's wallet & indirectly proportional to the sqaure of the number of times you step on her feet while trying to 'cut a rug'.

Razz Laughing Razz
Carey Bean
Powder Monkey

276 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I enjoy trying to impress the darlin's with me Fred Astaire and Gene Kelly style moves, but more often want to murder the damned governor for his antics.
Have you seen him double up with laughter when you make just the teensiest little misstep or three?
The graphics are great and the music wonderful. What's not to like about dancing?
Carey Bean
with the two left feet
Gun Pierson
Gunner

5053 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like the dancing part, it's actually one of the things I'm the most skilled at in the game. But I agree that there should be other ways to get important information like parts of the lost cities maps. We can't all be good at the same thing.

Nevertheless I'm glad they've add dancing to the game as it's very refreshing for me. Sometimes I just load a save game and dance a bit for fun without playing serieus. After the dance I reload again. I just can't get enough of it. Does this make me a soft pirate? Oops
Thieftaker
Powder Monkey

13 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gun Pierson wrote:

Nevertheless I'm glad they've add dancing to the game as it's very refreshing for me. Sometimes I just load a save game and dance a bit for fun without playing serieus. After the dance I reload again. I just can't get enough of it. Does this make me a soft pirate? Oops

Damn Gun, your a softie!!! Twisted Evil
But.....

I like dancing, too. Oops It's one of my favorites and I love the breastshot after a perfect dance. Laughing
Gun Pierson
Gunner

5053 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thieftaker wrote:
I love the breastshot after a perfect dance. Laughing

Same here! Laughing
Kristian95
Boatswain

4687 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys..... I guess I've not phrased my poll clearly enough Razz

I am not asking you whether you enjoy the dancing part or not.... what I want to hear is whether you guys think it is a good thing that some information is pretty much restricted being "released" by dancing with governors daughters... after all, it is the only practical way to get plenty of inca maps (and to some extend Montalban info)... I know it is not the sole way of gaining that info, but since you need to rescue a relative to get either a Montalban or an Inca info piece, your options are very limited unless you dance..... that is basically what I wonder whether you guys agree on or not Smile

Last edited by Kristian95 on Mon Feb 07, 2005 1:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Zem
Gunner

3281 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First - like everyone else - I fumbled with the dance, but I laughed a lot of myself as I stumbled. Noew I'm a pretty good dancer. I don't enjoy it but I tolerate it. I think dancing is only 5 percent of the gameplay, so It's OK for me. I vote for the dancing...
headrock
Rigger

354 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 12:35 am    Post subject: Hmmm hommmm hmmmm. Reply with quote

I'm damn good at dancing, but I do agree that there should be some other way to get the Inca Maps (Not Montalban's hideout though, I think chasing him is neither hard nor boring). I usually marry the daughter of Havana/Campeche/Santa Catalina just so I could waltz back there for a Waltz and find the next four map pieces all at once. It's not only frustrating (That I can't marry that good-lookin' dutch over at St. Eustatius) but also a bit boring. Perhaps we could devise a way that isn't currently included in the game.
I was thinking duke promotions, or SOL captures, maybe even having Raymondo give you one piece each time he is caught with a first piece of Relative map (for a total of four pieces in one game).
Perhaps you could get only 4 map pieces out of each source - 4 from Dancing, 4 from Duke Promotions, 4 from Raymondo (or Mendoza! Another incentive to messing around with more than one girl Very Happy ) and 4 from your Relatives.
In this case, the relatives give you both the inca map piece like they did in games of old, and the location of montalban himself. In this case it'd also be better if the Daughters can't give you Montalban's location themselves, only max total of 4 inca maps. Lost Cities are often harder to reach and since they provide less cash, it's be better to go after them earlier than going after Montalban's hideout. You could also make the treasure coming from Montalban better, since it would now be a bit harder to find.
Asmodina
Seaman

1397 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dancing is one of the things I love to hate. Twisted Evil

So I personally have no problem with the infos only being released after dancing.
Howie
Helmsman

45890 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kristian95 wrote:
Hi guys..... I guess I've not phrased my poll clearly enough Razz

I am not asking you whether you enjoy the dancing part or not.... what I want to hear is whether you guys think it is a good thing that some information is pretty much restricted being "released" by dancing with governors daughters... after all, it is the only practical way to get plenty of inca maps (and to some extend Montalban info)... I know it is not the sole way of gaining that info, but since you need to rescue a relative to get either a Montalban or an Inca info piece, your options are very limited unless you dance..... that is basically what I wonder whether you guys agree on or not Smile

Oh... Surprised Now I understand. Oops I must agree with you Kristian95. There should be other ways to get this info. I agree with Zem that it is funny when you flub up! Laughing I have a good laugh over that! Has anyone noticed the gestures the Governor makes in the upper left corner of the screen when your pirate makes a misstep? Its quite funny. You will only see him when the screen is positioned just right, like when you first start out. He's there watching the dance. Kind of like he's cheering you on! Its funny...
Seaman

1397 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It took me a while, but yeah, I noticed the governeur jumping around now. Razz

Is it me or is each nationality acting different? The Dutch one seems to be pretty jumpy, while others just shake their heads and cover their eyes.
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: