Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

Fab's original flag pack
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Customization & Modding Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kristian95
Boatswain

4687 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 2:46 pm    Post subject: Fab's original flag pack Reply with quote

Hi guys and gals,

Does any of you have Fab's original flag pack, that is the one where the spanish town flag is that tri-coloured one and not the St. Anthony's cross ??
If you do, please let me know, as I would very much like to have it!!

Btw, am I the only one who doesn't get the "Pirates Gold" spanish flag as town flag if I use Fab's cyl flag pack ???
Kristian95
Boatswain

4687 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dang, I guess noone has that version Sad I'd really love to mod my game with it though!!
headrock
Rigger

354 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Kristian, I'm not sure exactly what I'm using (Since I got a pile of unsorted mods in my costum directory), but I see the Diagonal cross on Spanish cities and the tri-color on spanish ships. In this version, the English are red-flagged on ships, red-cross on land, french are 3 golden fleur-de-lei on towns, white cross on blue on ships, and dutch are tri-color(with orange) on ships, and varying on towns (cause I got too many flags in the custom dir).
If this is what you were looking for, I think you can get it here in cutlass isle forums, in the worst case scenario, just visit the four links on the Official Pirates Homepage (at Atari) cause those are the only ones I've been to so far.

And if the going gets REALLY rough, I can mail you a zip with all of them (Watch out though, I have cooties).
Kristian95
Boatswain

4687 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks headrock, but that's the final Fab flag pack (changing the spanish town flag to st anthony's cross) which I already have.
The one I look for is the one where the spanish town flag is the same as they use on the ships Smile
Fab
Swabbie

866 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I took that one down as it was not historically correct. I put it out there, temporarily, at THIS LOCATION.
"My lord, it is a very hard sentence. For my part, I am the innocentest person of them all, only I have been sworn against by perjured persons." -- Captain Kidd, May 9, 1701, upon hearing his sentence of death by hanging.
Kristian95
Boatswain

4687 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks alot Fab Smile Much apprechiated!!! Smile

Cheers!!
headrock
Rigger

354 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 1:14 am    Post subject: Heh heh Reply with quote

Thanks alot, fab! I just realized that would be a much better pack to use Wink hope you changed nothing but the town flag on that particular mod package, I liked everything else Smile)))

Peace mates.
Kristian95
Boatswain

4687 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's Fab's first flag pack, which means it is the one before St Anthonys cross Smile
I personally prefer this one because St Anthonys cross and cross of St George are too similar for my taste Razz

Btw, am I the only one who never got the "Pirates! Gold" flag for spanish towns when I use Fab's cyl flag pack ???
Fab
Swabbie

866 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wasn't aware anyone had trouble with the old Pirates! Gold flags for the Spanish in my Castille y Leon flagpack. Let me know if anyone else has issues with it.

I assume you've already downloaded it again and tried a second install of it. It works on my machine, and I have never heard any complaints, so I'm assuming it works for other people too. I'd like it to work for you too.
"My lord, it is a very hard sentence. For my part, I am the innocentest person of them all, only I have been sworn against by perjured persons." -- Captain Kidd, May 9, 1701, upon hearing his sentence of death by hanging.
Kristian95
Boatswain

4687 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I have downloaded it twice, even emptying my custums folder and only having the cyl files there.... I still get St Anthonys cross for some odd reason... I'll try one more time when I get home today
Kristian95
Boatswain

4687 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ups, forgot to respond on my re-testing Smile
I don't know what I did wrong before, but now it works perfectly Smile Putting me in a dilemma.... cause I like both the cyl flagpack and the one with the three striped townflag (I know, I know, both are inaccurate).

Once again: thanks Fab for bringing us these great flags Smile
Howie
Helmsman

45890 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Fab. Much appreciated! Smile
Swabbie

866 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just glad you got it working. I didn't think I'd like the old Castille y Leon flag from Pirates! Gold because it's not historical (I'm a history buff in case no one could tell), but I think it looks good and that's the one I use (I'm embarassed to say) because the proper flag looks WAY too similar to the English one. And that's a mistake that can be deadly.
Kristian95
Boatswain

4687 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I couldn't agree more Very Happy
DrBeast
Cutthroat

5316 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I downloaded both flagpacks yesterday as until recently I was using my own modifications I had done at a guy's request. However, the historical accuracy piqued my interest, so I decided to have it a go with fab's pack. I must say hats off for your work! Really awesome! As for the flag similarities, it is indeed a minor problem, as the St Anthony cross looks very much like the St. George cross, but also the three-striped flag looks a lot like the dutch flag! And to add insult to injury, the french merchant flag is a spitting image of the greek jack which I sometimes use on my ships!!! D-oh!

Footnote: the CyL flag is tucked away somewhere in the game's pak.fpk files. I found it some days ago, along with some other flag versions, and I since I don't remember if anyone else has noted it, I write it down FYI.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Customization & Modding All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: