Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

Challenge - Biggest Bounty (Special)
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Pirates! Chat Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dhankskunk
Swabbie

350 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I did not think about the 1660s being easiest but I suppose you're right. I'll begin a new game in that era since I only just started my new game last night.

Its hurts me to do so but I am about to pry my greedy fingers away from 64 of my gold pieces & donate them to the 'pot'. Razz
Zem
Gunner

3281 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I encounter a problem again. Maybe the whole contest is pointless. Because it's very hard to raise the bounties. I tell you why. For example Spain is at war with the others. You want to increase the Spanish bounty, so you plunder a spanish ship. But the other nations like this action, they decrease their bounty on your head, and so on....
Somehow you should force them to make peace...but how?

Congratulations, dhankskunk! You are the first competitor!
dhankskunk
Swabbie

350 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ Yes, it will be tough but its just a matter of being an "Equal opporitunity Pirate"! Cool
Striker
Gunner

680 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zem wrote:
I encounter a problem again. Maybe the whole contest is pointless. Because it's very hard to raise the bounties. I tell you why. For example Spain is at war with the others. You want to increase the Spanish bounty, so you plunder a spanish ship. But the other nations like this action, they decrease their bounty on your head, and so on....
Somehow you should force them to make peace...but how?

Congratulations, dhankskunk! You are the first competitor!

The trick would be to attack the nation with the least amount of enemies.
Wolfwood
Boatswain

33917 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm finding this challenge very hard... Every time I try to get the Dutch to hate me, the French consider me a friend and no longer hate me... And since I cannot visit the governors, there is no chance to get a peace mission from any of them...
It is much better to be armed with a sword that has two edges than with an estoc [...], which is nothing more than a stick with a point. (Rapier Master G. Morsicato Pallavicini, La Scherma Illustrata, p. 14.)
Howie
Helmsman

45890 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wolfwood wrote:
I'm finding this challenge very hard... Every time I try to get the Dutch to hate me, the French consider me a friend and no longer hate me... And since I cannot visit the governors, there is no chance to get a peace mission from any of them...

It is indeed hard Zem. Maybe you should increase your bounty or reward! Laughing Laughing Laughing

Just as an after thought. Can you see the governor if you sneek into town? I have been playing this game for a few months now and I gave up on sneeking. I always get caught and thrown into jail so I gave up. I was just wondering what you can do after you sneek into town...
Helmsman

10381 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sack a friendly town! Then re-sack it. Never see any gov.

This should put you in deep doo-doo with everybody. Even with the nation that you finally leave in charge of the town.
Zem
Gunner

3281 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First this challenge seemed to be a good idea. But later I realised it's very hard because if you do harm to a nation, its enemies will reward you, your bounty decreases... it's always balanced... Is this challenge pointless?

The reason you can't get promotions is that the 'Personal Status Info Panel' shows your bounties if you haven't got any rank.
If you have additional ideas just tell me! There are only two competitors so far, so I may change the conditions if needed...
dhankskunk
Swabbie

350 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got a 20K bounty from both the French & Spanish right now. The Dutch & English still think I'm cool even though I sink every one of their ships I can get my hands on. Very Happy

Last night the French sent a SotL to stop me from pirating every vessel that passed me by. That was the 1st SotL I have seen & I'll admit that I had my ass handed to me by it. Oops

Zem, I say what good is a challenge if is not damn-near impossible!? If it was easy there would be countless dandys running around in their pink puffy fencing shirts attemting to do this. Razz
rupertlittlebear
Helmsman

10381 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zem wrote:
First this challenge seemed to be a good idea. But later I realised it's very hard because if you do harm to a nation, its enemies will reward you, your bounty decreases... it's always balanced... Is this challenge pointless?

The reason you can't get promotions is that the 'Personal Status Info Panel' shows your bounties if you haven't got any rank.
If you have additional ideas just tell me! There are only two competitors so far, so I may change the conditions if needed...
As I recall, in regular play, when you plunder a ship, the owning nation gives you 2 thumbs down. (Maybe 3).
The nations they are at war with give you 1 thumb(s) up.

This means that if Spain is at war with France . . . when you sink 1 Spanish ship and also sink 1 French ship you end up at 1 down in each nation.
watson42467
Cutthroat

573 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zem,

It might be easier and more realistic if we align ourselves to one country. I was able to get my bounties very high for two countries if I stayed friendly with one. Just an idea, I plan to participate in this challenge. I like the idea of being an all out pirate and the scourge of the seas to everyone but it is proving difficult.

Hey, even pirates need friends.
Zem
Gunner

3281 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

watson42467 wrote:
Zem,

It might be easier and more realistic if we align ourselves to one country. I was able to get my bounties very high for two countries if I stayed friendly with one. Just an idea, I plan to participate in this challenge. I like the idea of being an all out pirate and the scourge of the seas to everyone but it is proving difficult.

Hey, even pirates need friends.

It is strange, because I sent a mail to every particapant an hour ago, 'cause I would like to change the conditions like this (and I don't want to change it without their approval):

"I post it to every applicant. Don't you mind if I make the conditions finer? I mean you are allowed to get promoted by only ONE nation. This nation's bounty is ignored.

For example:
Howie
1. Spanish: 40 gold bounty
2. English: 30 gold bounty
3. French: Duke
4. Dutch: 10 gold bounty
His score is 10

ruppertlittlebear
1. Spanish: 400.000 gold bounty
2. English: Captain
3. French: 200.000 gold bounty
4. Dutch: 5 gold bounty
His score is 5

The winner would be Howie!

I'm afraid that you should start a new carreer if you accept the new conditions, but I think the game will be more fun (you can dance, get married, more quests, cheaper repair and upgrade, etc.).
Opinion?"
watson42467
Cutthroat

573 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just trying to help. If you have any other updates, add me to your mailing list. I have to try this.
Zem
Gunner

3281 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will. But if you are interested in the competition, you should send me 64 gold. This gold won't be mine, it is the reward of the winner. Anytime you send me a screenshot of the 'personal status info panel' by mail, I store your best result.
dhankskunk
Swabbie

350 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the deadline still March 5th or has it been extended? I need to start yet another career, hopefully 3 is a charm. Razz
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Pirates! Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: