Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

Now there are 11 Famous Pirates
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ruff_hi
Swabbie

1031 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 5:31 pm    Post subject: Now there are 11 Famous Pirates Reply with quote

I recently got my notebook PC upgraded. My major worry was that pirates wouldn't work on the new notebook. Well, I can put that to rest because it does work - not only that, but it now flies along.

I now understand why people were having difficulty with sword fights. My old pc made them really slow, very easy to win. The ship battles are really quick now too - cannon fire going everywhere and little time to position your ship. I lost my brig this way (blown completely out of the water - another good reason to have multiple ships as another one of mine picked me up).

Anyway, I just wanted to post that I had to defeat Morgan twice. I finished him off, took 10k gold and then noticed that he was there again. Bueaty, another 10k gold coming up. Alas, he only had 100 gold the second time but I did end up with two frigates!

Cheers,

Ruff_Hi

Last edited by ruff_hi on Thu Feb 10, 2005 5:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
bryce777
Gunner

652 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 5:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Now there are 11 Famous Pirates Reply with quote

Quote:
I recently got my notebook PC upgraded. My major worry was that pirates wouldn't work on the new notebook. Well, I can put that to rest because it does work - not only that, but it now flies along.

I now understand why people were having difficulty with sword fights. My old pc made them really slow, very easy to win. The ship battles are really quick now too - cannon fire going everywhere and little time to position your ship. I lost my brig this way (blown completely out of the water - another good reason to have multiple ships as another one of mine picked me up).

Anyway, I just wanted to post that I had to defeat Morgan twice. I finished him off, took 10k gold and then noticed that he was there again. Bueaty, another 10k gold coming up. Alas, he only had 100 gold the second time but I did end up with two frigates!

Cheers,

Ruff_Hi

[img]http://www.geocities.com/ruff_hi/pirates/two_morgans.bmp[/img]

Wow, that is extremely odd!
Howie
Helmsman

45890 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool, does Morgans picture show up 2 times when you look at your pirates history or personal stats. That would be cool if it does. I would like to see a screen shot of that.

What were you running for a processor before on the old computer? And whats in the new machine. I'm curious...
Swabbie

1236 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 9:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Now there are 11 Famous Pirates Reply with quote

ruff_hi wrote:
... I now understand why people were having difficulty with sword fights. My old pc made them really slow, very easy to win. The ship battles are really quick now too - cannon fire going everywhere and little time to position your ship. ...

I too get the idea that the developers at Firaxis didn't scale processor speed or graphic card acceleration properly. Somehow it seems that the hardware has quite an impact on game difficulty, perhaps even more impact than the difficulty level itself, hehe.
Capm Bucklebeard
Powder Monkey

178 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy, oh boy. 12hours until the mail arrives. oh boy. Then I will have Pirates! Laughing
bryce777
Gunner

652 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 10:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Now there are 11 Famous Pirates Reply with quote

Quote:
ruff_hi wrote:
... I now understand why people were having difficulty with sword fights. My old pc made them really slow, very easy to win. The ship battles are really quick now too - cannon fire going everywhere and little time to position your ship. ...

I too get the idea that the developers at Firaxis didn't scale processor speed or graphic card acceleration properly. Somehow it seems that the hardware has quite an impact on game difficulty, perhaps even more impact than the difficulty level itself, hehe.

Scaling should not be an issue using directx, but it is just that his machine is on the very low end of the spectrum that the game is able to run on, or it has bad drivers.
ruff_hi
Swabbie

1031 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 1:34 pm    Post subject: PC Stats Reply with quote

Quote:
Howie: What were you running for a processor before on the old computer? And whats in the new machine. I'm curious...

Old Machine: Pentium 1GHz with 500 Mb of ram
New Machine: Pentium M 1.6GHz wiht 500 Mb of ram

Doesn't seem like much difference but this new one flies on nearly all apps, not just pirates. The good news is that Dancing is the same speed (phew) and land battles are quicker (thank goodness!).
Zem
Gunner

3281 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howie wrote:
Cool, does Morgans picture show up 2 times when you look at your pirates history or personal stats. That would be cool if it does. I would like to see a screen shot of that. I'm curious...

Me too..

However you should be glad when you can catch 2 of Mr. Morgan, because you get 2 Large Frigate and double gold!
I would like to kill 100 Morgans!!! Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Pirates! Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: