Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

Raymondo Nationality other than Spanish
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Pirates! Chat Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CGM3
Gunner

12612 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Johny wrote:
I once was at peace with spain and raymondo was leading a pirate galleon

Well, I've reached the rank of Spanish Duke (don't ask), and Raymondo is still sailing a "Spanish" ship (albeit under his own flag). And when I captured it most recently, the next time I pulled into a Spanish port the governor congratulated me on catching some pirates, then scolded me for capturing Raymondo's Spanish War Galleon! Sad
Zem
Gunner

3281 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

watson42467 wrote:
That would seem odd that he was in a pirate ship, since the main ports aren't controlled by pirates. Could he have spawned out of a settlement? Seems like that could be the only it could happen.

It is weird indeed. Raymondo as a pirate when there are still spanish ports?
DrBeast
Cutthroat

5316 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seen him as dutch once, when the spanish were still around. The only spanish town that had been captured by the dutch was Florida Keys, and Raymondo was supposedly sailing from a settlement near Havana to Havana and back. I never saw him. When I got the message that he was sailing "...from Cataluna Del Este to Cataluna Del Este. He will arrive there in 5987 days" I decided that the game had gone bats! So I recaptured Florida Keys for the Spanish and Raymondo showed his ugly face at last in a spanish galleon. Here's the screenshot of the dutch Raymondo:

gordon_nicoles
Swabbie

478 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DrBeast wrote:
Seen him as dutch once, when the spanish were still around. The only spanish town that had been captured by the dutch was Florida Keys, and Raymondo was supposedly sailing from a settlement near Havana to Havana and back. I never saw him. When I got the message that he was sailing "...from Cataluna Del Este to Cataluna Del Este. He will arrive there in 5987 days" I decided that the game had gone bats! So I recaptured Florida Keys for the Spanish and Raymondo showed his ugly face at last in a spanish galleon. Here's the screenshot of the dutch Raymondo:

Well, it shouldn't be hard to catch him in a Fluyt Exclamation Exclamation
Airsaw
Rigger

3281 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 5:27 pm    Post subject: me! me! me! Reply with quote

Here's how. Yah know I get this URGE to CONQUER Spain's holdings. Brit flags all around, if you get my drift, Wood. Innyway. I do this once. I conquer the ENTIRE map, but for, (of course) the tiny villages. Dutch, French, Espania, all poof. Just us and our big red cross. Welp, I hadn't even beGUN this Reynoldo thing, I was so into marching on towns, and this thing. It was NO piece of cake. Most was. But, there were notable exceptions - Panama, Havana....innyway

I'm going after Reynoldo and there he is, but his ship looks kinda DARK, but I didn't pay all that much attention. There we are in the battle screen and it looks dark RED! Same flag as always. So, I look at the readout, and it says "English Fast Galleon." Now. I thought that looked kinda funny. I didn't notice at first because it was the right galleon, and I was doing a lot at once. But, I read it and there IT was. I thought Elizabeth I would roll over in her mausoleum nook if she saw that. He appeared in a British Fast Galleon each successive time. I don't think it made all that much difference. I did skew the conditions of the game to an extreme. But, it looked funny. Odd funny. Not, ha ha funny.

However, the national identity thing seems to be a bit on the loose side, to put it diplomatically. I married the daughter of Curacao's governor and during the life of the game was married to a Brit, Spaniard and French woman in succession. My father in law kept getting taller and shorter, and changing his hair somewhat allatime TOO!

THEN there was the time I was out to conquer Maracaibo. I passed a ship of my own "nationality" on the way with an invasion fleet, and I just FIGURED they were heading there so I had to get there FIRST! Which I did. I passed that ship on the way out of port having just been given land by the new governor. That ship slips into port, the message flashes "The British fleet just captured Maracaibo" there with a Limey flag flyin' over it and everything!

I've also conquered a town, left and come across the previous owner's governor who's town is his no more, sunk THAT ship and instead of getting kudos, I get reamed by MY governor for sinking that one, even if we were at WAR!

And, if you watch, after conquering a town, all the previous nation's ships with immigrants, troops, mayors, land them anyway, and they become "yours". So, it seems to even itself out. It just .... looks funny.
Gunner

213 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol, i'm definatly going to destroy the spaniards now, right after i finish washing the dishes, er, forks, er, scrubbing the decks. but can you capture the settlements? i swear i did once (or maybe i'm thinking of florida)
PrinceScamp
Gunner

213 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i hope i see him in a fylut ! thats so funny@!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Pirates! Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: