Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

Using the flags
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ceebee
Powder Monkey

54 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 5:03 pm    Post subject: Using the flags Reply with quote

this my first post so apologies if it has already been covered.

i have seen all the various flag mods but how do you actually fit the various flags into pirates - i see on some of the threads about putting it into a custom file - which one , where is it , how do i find it?

appreciate if someone could give me a simple to follow , fools way

thanks
Emmerson
Swabbie

1743 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 6:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Using the flags Reply with quote

ceebee wrote:

i have seen all the various flag mods but how do you actually fit the various flags into pirates - i see on some of the threads about putting it into a custom file - which one , where is it , how do i find it?

appreciate if someone could give me a simple to follow , fools way

thanks

If you're going to get into flag mods, you need to thoroughly read Wolfwood's excellent tutorial, Making sail emblems & flags, which is the first topic listed in this forum. It has a ton of good information, not just on making flag/sail customizations, but also on how to actually use them.

Once you do read it thoroughly, you will come across the following bit of text:
Wolfwood wrote:
Attn!: You want to save this image into "My Documents" -> "My games" -> "Sid Meier's Pirates!" -> "Custom". Make this directory if it does not already exist. Give the image the appropriate name, starting with "ship_sail_emblem_lrg_XXX", where the XXX is the name that you want to give the emblem. You need to have the start of the name exactly as typed here for the game to recognise it.

I'm assuming that those instructions are specific to Windows 2000/XP. If you happen to be playing it on a DOS-based system (Windows 9X), the location would be different, I think.

. . . and welcome to Cutlass Isle! Very Happy
watson42467
Cutthroat

573 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your "Custom" folder is in your Pirates! folder. Just go through your C: drive and open the game folder. You should have a folder in there named "Custom". Put the the flags yuo want in there and you should be all set.
ceebee
Powder Monkey

54 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

great, thanks guys - i had read the mod on building flags but frankly got lost with it - appreciate your help
Rock
Cutthroat

7607 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, don't feel bad ceebee, my feeling on this is that if they were going to make custom sails and flags an option in the game they could have made it a little more user freindly. I didn't have any problems playing with it but I've always been "into" computer graphics anyway. The option to play with flags and sails almost "feels" like an after thought of the game design.

PrinceScamp
Gunner

213 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

excellent.....
Airsaw
Rigger

3281 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 5:11 am    Post subject: Re: Using the flags Reply with quote

ceebee wrote:

where is it , how do i find it?

Look at the navbar above. See the Home~Forum~Guide~ ...?

Click "Guide" and read. You'll get there. If you reach a snag, THEN ast a question (which) I'm sure by then will be more specific.

yer peg-legged fodder
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Customization & Modding All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: