Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

Nation mad at you?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gordon_nicoles
Swabbie

478 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 7:57 pm    Post subject: Nation mad at you? Reply with quote

I have recently achieved the rank of Duke with all four nations so I could get the full points for ranks. Now that I have achieved this goal I have gone back to picking on the Spanish and French pretty regularly. I would have expected after losing several juicy treasure and military payroll ships that they would be pretty mad at me, but that doesn't seem to be the case. I can still pull into any Spanish or French port without being fired upon and there are no pirate hunters after me. The governors will usually get onto me about sinking or capturing one of their vessels, but that is usually the end of it. Does having the rank of Duke get me out of everything that I do to these nations? Just wondering if anyone else has noticed this. I don't play on a really high skill level, maybe that has something to do with it.
CGM3
Gunner

12612 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 8:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Nation mad at you? Reply with quote

gordon_nicoles wrote:
Does having the rank of Duke get me out of everything that I do to these nations?

No, it just means you have a lot of "leeway" when it comes to, uhm, "indiscretions". Wink

Keep preying on the Spanish and the French and they'll start treating you as an enemy, especially after you've sacked a few rich ports. Twisted Evil
Howie
Helmsman

45890 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They will put a bounty on your head, but it dissapears very quickly. I've been playing Zem's challenge on Rogue level and its almost impossible to keep 1 nation mad at you never mind all 3! The game is much much too forgiving in this area, in my opinion... Mad
Swabbie

575 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree that the game is way too forgiving in the matter of attacking a certain nation's shipping, at least on Adventurer level. I had the English mad at me for some time, but after attacking a lot of Spanish ships they became friendly. I had to attack and sink or capture at least 6 of their ships before they hated me again. Same with the French, I don't know how many of their Invasion Forces and Military Payroll ships I've taken, but they still like me enough to make me a Duke. The only thing I can think of is that it is because I attack every Spanish ship I see and if they are a t way with the Spanish then that gets me favorable points from them.
headrock
Rigger

354 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dunno about you guys but I'm going at 542,000 k on my head from the English. Rogue level. You'd imagine I'm pretty well-equipped to be able to pull it off. I'm trying to piss off the French simultaneously, but they seem to constantly get themselves into war with the English.

sidney
Powder Monkey

631 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i play on the 3th difficult and i got a obunty on my head from spain of 20.000 money
PrinceScamp
Gunner

213 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

my largest bounty has been 56k from the spanierds, but if i leave em alone for a month or 2 it goes down to 20k-24k, which really sucks. there is definately too much leeway, i agree, and why dont the spanish take away the land theyve given me (100 acres i think from them)???
sidney
Powder Monkey

631 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the spanish gave me nothing and i keep attacking them
headrock
Rigger

354 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
the spanish gave me nothing and i keep attacking them

If you got a rank with the Spanish, you won't be able to see how much bounty is on your head in your character screen.
However, once in a while when you go into the Tavern, the barmaid may tell you how high that price is.
I got a screenshot today of my 643,000 with the English. If anyone's interested, I'll post it here. (Warning, semi-naked mod in use Wink They're just more interesting that way, sorry)[/quote]

Airsaw
Rigger

3281 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 5:31 am    Post subject: ups and downs Reply with quote

Let's see. Let's say every time you hit a Spanish ship, they raise the reward by a thousand. But, every time you do something else, that doesn't seem to have a lot to do with them, but they love anyway, they lower the reward a thou.

You hit a Spanish ship, reward 1000. You hit a pirate, it evens up again. Same thing with hitting someone "they" are at war with.

Fluctuations like this are usually due to your own activity. There are nine named pirates ... hit a Spaniard, then a pirate, then a Spaniard ta da like that and the hostility should stay the same, unless you hit a Spaniard the last hit, then they'll be a thousand up on hostility.

Spain is at war with France. You hit the French and some pirates, Spain learns to love you again about a thousand in reward's reduction per ship you hit.

Trying to get one country to absolutely and relentlessly hate you means you can't attack anyone that's THEIR enemy, pirates included.

Another thing. Governor's seem to be pleased with you for things you had NOTHING to do with. So what if a new governor is in Maracaibo, or immigrants are flocking to Curacao.

So, I find this reward stuff interesting, but too nebulous over which to exert intended control. Then, with a lockpick, I could turn myself in for the reward! THEN ESCAPE!!!

MUHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!
Powder Monkey

85 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 12:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Nation mad at you? Reply with quote

maybe, at the same time you are plundering ships and towns of countries that are in war with Spain and France.

If you fight against their enemies it's likely they forgive your attacks.
Striker
Gunner

680 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that the only wait to succeed at pissing of all three nations is to never attack someones shipping that is at war with another. This could take a long time, though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Pirates! Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: